§7§

Hey guys, so I received about four Dms asking for update. Guys, I started this book 3 at a wrong time cause now I need to focus more on my school work since they'd rush the hell out of us starting from Jan 18. But like I promised, I'll try not to let a week pass without giving an update.

This chapter is dedicated to phaylove4 she's a darling.

Above is a picture of Precious ❤

Enjoy.

                           §•§

             §Gabriel's POV§

The heavy down pour outside, could be blocked by the air wheezing out of the air conditioning.

"That's one hell of a cut, Gabriel." Miss Rashida commented, as she walked her way to a cabinet and stretched out her hands to retrieve the first aid box. I wasn't sure if she was affected by the cold weather since the nurse's office seemed way colder than the temperature outside. "How'd you get it anyways?"

"A phone landed on my face," My tone held disinterest and almost sounded like I was being sarcastic when in reality, I wasn't. "Literally."

Miss Rashida finally got the first aid kit and strode back to the small bed I sat on. She placed the box beside me, opened it and searched for what she'd use on my cut. "What where you doing? Texting someone while laying flat with your back? Then your phone above your head suddenly slips through your fingers and landed on your face?"

I pressed my lips feeling a bit impressed. I almost agreed to her words like that was what exactly happened. "A phone was thrown at my face." Miss Rashida stared blankly at me while I mirrored her expression. "And I'm not joking."

"Right," Miss Rashida breathed out tirelessly. She cut a small cotton ball and placed it at the end of a stick like object, before dipping it in disinfectant. "Why would someone toss their phone at you? It would have gotten you a black eye if you weren't lucky."

I shrugged, followed by an annoyed hissing sound, when the cotton ball which was dipped into the disinfectant, made contact with my open wound. "I texted a breakup text, guess she didn't like it much. She made a tantrum and threw her phone at me."

Miss Rashida stopped what she was doing, to look at me blankly. "You're kidding."

"Of course I'm kidding," I sat upright as Miss Rashida placed an ugly brown bandage across my cut. "Who would want to date a crippled?"

Miss Rashida added force to the bandage. The impact affected the cut which prompted me to make a subtle hiss. "Haven't we told you to stop calling yourself that?"

You must be wondering what the we was. There was a reason I felt free while talking to Miss Rashida. Miss Rashida had attended the same University with Bisola and they happened to be great friends. Miss Rashida came from a middle class family but the University was a versatile place, unlike the secondary school I found myself in. Bisola had helped Miss Rashida secure a job here while Miss Rashida, promised to look after me in return.

"You don't have to worry, I'm feeling like taking the road of the Reverend fathers." I lifted a brow and Miss Rashida seemed even more confused as ever.

"Sorry?" She asked.

"How does flowing white gown look on me?" I continued nonetheless. "Or do you think they've got a thing for cripples?"

Miss Rashida smacked the back of my head with an annoyed look. "Your mouth is getting worst by the day. You're not the only one in this predicament."