§60§

This chapter is dedicated to ObarotimiOlanireti

Enjoy ❤

                        §•§

               §Gabriel's POV§

"So, we've understood the plan?" I had to ask the question one last time though I had gone over the plan over and over and over again. Jubilee, Precious, nodded but with less energy since it seemed they were both tired of me repeating my words. It was my life in line. I had to make sure everything go well.

The plan was simple : Jubilee had to go in and pretend to be a hard criminal. He'll negotiate with Mr Buhari and record every second live, on Adenike's blog. Adenike had given me her phone earlier and the password to her blog. She wanted to come herself but I didnt want to risk it with her and Anne. We'd also be in Yusuf's house while these is going on, in Yusuf's room to be precised. This was because we didn't want Mr Buhari to pull a second trick on Jubilee and render him defenseless. None brought out phones by the way. Mr Buhari was a brilliant man and could track it down using his own way. Adenike's phone was enough for us.

"Thank you," I turned to Yusuf. He didn't say a word but snuck us into his house while leaving Jubilee out in front of his gate. I was entering the lion's den but I knew there was no turning back.

We got to Yusuf's room. Precious was probably familiar since they both were once friends. Precious reluctantly moved over to the bed and sat down while I stood close to the door.

"I'm gonna head out," Yusuf announced coldly. "If by chance my father leaves Jubilee alone I'll come get you guys."

I gave a silent nod and Yusuf walked out of his own room. Precious stood up and began to pace back and forth, biting nervously on his finger nails. "I feel uneasy about this whole thing? Why didn't we all bring our phones?"

"Your idea? And we agreed, he might really track it down." I reminded him of what he had forgotten cause he was scared.

"I regret bringing that idea. I know you trust him but what if he turn us in?" Precious went on but stood still this time. "What if his father kills me with you and hides my body without my father knowing?"

"Though it was all business, you both were once best friends." I leaned away from the door, towards the bed. "You must at one point know him. Is it something he would do?"

Precious collapsed on Yusuf's bed. "What do you think is happening right now?"

"Probably Mr Buhari negotiating with Jubilee and Yusuf eavesdropping," I responded, finding a space on the bed. As if on cue, the door opened and Yusuf's head popped in.

"My Dad just left the study with Jubilee in it and seem to be heading out. You both can come check the progress before he gets back." Since there wasn't any phone to actually call Jubilee with cause Yusuf announced his father office uses just one reception, we decided to follow Yusuf.

Walking down the hall, Precious and I couldn't help but look at each other to be prepared just incase Yusuf, pull a fast one on us. Finally, we got to the study and Yusuf did the honors by opening the door. Indeed, Jubilee was in there, alone. I walked in with Yusuf while Precious decided to stay out and be the look out.

I quietly approached Jubilee sitting still and staring at Adenike's phone. The way he kept silent felt like something bad happened. That I didn't want. "How'd it go?"

Jubilee then gave his infamous nonchalant shrugs and I breathe a sigh of relief. "Recorded the whole thing. Wanted to give me the money cash but I told him to transfer the money instead. Wanted to transfer the money into my account and went out to do so."