§48§

I wrote a message on my message board on why I won't be updating frequently this month.

So please, minimize the update message on my Dm. Thank you.

Enjoy.

                          §•§

                §Gabriel's POV§

The sun was hardly out when we the participants representing Blossom High School track category, was seen doing drills at Greenville High track fields. We weren't much present. The boys were Yusuf, Jerome and myself. The girls were Elina and some girl I don't really know about. We were still a girl short, knowing Ini's incident.

Adenike was also sitting at the bleachers while taking in several photos of the event before her. She seemed hardworking.

"Hey," I felt a hand on my shoulder, forcing me to turn around to see whom the person was. "Remember me? We bombed into each other the say before yesterday."

I knew whom she was but that wasn't the reason I didn't respond to her earlier. I only wondered why she was talking to me. "Yeah. I thought I apologized."

"Gabriel," I stopped completely as my name left her mouth. "You're Gabriel."

I didn't confirm nor reject her claim as she spoke on. "Shocking, right? It took me a day to actually remember."

"Am I supposed to know you?" I finally responded.

"Anne," She chuckled. "We were childhood friends, remember? Went to the same nursery school? You always annoyed the hell out of me."

She kept talking nonstop while I tried my best to process everything she had just said.

"Anne!" Someone yelled, same time I wanted to speak up. It was Adenike. I noticed as she ran down the bleachers, tripping a couple times before she finally got to where we stood.

"Adenike?" It was Anne's turn to speak, as she pushed her glasses up her nose. "Adenike! But...... But what are you doing here?"

"You two know each other?" I blindly asked, though the resemblance was uncanny.

Their interactions must have gotten to Jerome, as he stopped whatever he was doing till he was by my side. "Why do you both look alike?"

The way Jerome had voiced that made it look like it was a crime to look like Adenike.

"She's....." Adenike clenched her jaw and glared at Anne through her glasses. "She's my elder sister."

"You've—" Jerome choked, then cleared his throat. "You've got a sister!"

"The amusement park will have lots of toys!" She couldn't contain her excitement. "I'll be on TV too!"

"But I also want to be on TV," I pouted which was normal, considering my age. "But my mom won't let me."

"Don't worry," She held my shoulders. "You'll watch me on telly, it will make you feel better."

"Not fair, Anne." I shook my head defiantly. "I also want to be on TV."

"Anne," I mumbled to myself, with closed eyes. I still couldn't connect the dots as the image was still fuzzy and blur in my head.

"No calls, nothing!" I snapped my eyes open at Adenike's loud and angry tone. This time, it drew the attention of Yusuf, Elina and the other girl I couldn't bother to remember her name. "What kind of a sister are you?!"

"It's not my faul—"

"Six years," Adenike gulped as she blinked whatever evidence that was in her eyes. "It's been six whole years and neither you nor dad called to check in on me. You guys just left me, alone!"