§52§

This chapter is dedicated to pweety_1

Above is a picture of Lisa❤

Enjoy.

                         §•§

              §Adenike's POV§

"Perfect," A small smile crawled up my lips while evaluating the pictures I stood during the track practice. "Oh God," I grumbled as it occurred to me that I didn't capture senior Yusuf in any of the pictures.

Almost immediately without wasting much time I got up and scurried down the bleachers with one mission in mind.

"Adenike," That voiced didn't stop me, I kept moving. "Adenike I need to talk to you."  I didn't stop, getting close to Jerome at the foot of the stairs. "Adenike."

"I'm busy," I needed to look for a new talent as I turned to Anne. Ignoring wasn't for me. "I've got work to do."

Anne had pressed lips has she took couple of steps towards me. "I know you are but can you give me a bit of your time?"

"Time is of essence." I responded instead. "I need to capture Yusu—"

"I'll do it!" I jumped hearing how loud and close Jerome's voice was. Before I could speak, he snatched my phone from my grasp. "It's to capture Yusuf right? I'll do it. I don't like you but I hate broken family relationship even more."

Before I could say anything to Jerome, he scurried away to look for Yusuf. I pressed my lips, wriggling my hands by my side. Now I had no choice but to listen to Anne's excuses.

"Can we talk now?" Anne lifted a brow.

"It's not like I have a choice," I scoffed. We moved over to where I sat earlier while evaluating those pictures. My fingers were intertwined as I wanted for Anne to speak.

"I miss you," She started but i didn't comment on that. "I know you might think we are better of without you but truth be told, we ain't. Dad wanted to see you but the agreement during the whole custody stuff didn't let us."

"You could have called,"

"I tried," Anne let out a breath. "I tried calling home but the home line got changed. Mum must have done that to prevent Dad from checking in. You didn't reach out either so we all thought you were living the time of your life. Dad also heard about Mum's marriage and wanted to come get you but his lawyer said it wasn't the right decision to make."

"Why?" I whispered, my throat getting dried.

"Dad already had me. Mum had to have the other." I lowered my head a bit upon hearing that. Of course, I wasn't wanted.

"But," My head sprinted up ever so sudden. Who knew I had little hope left. "The lawyer gave a condition."

"Which is?" I enquired.

"If you could speak in court with proves to claim your fact about you not wanting to stay with mother, Dad can request for your custody." A tear rolled down my left cheek on its own accord while I wiped it off with the back of my hands.

"So if I go to court with you, mum and Dad, I can leave that house?" Anne nodded slowly.

"Yeah." Anne spoke slowly, placing her palm at the back of my hand. "But only with evidence."

                                §•§

Anne decided to walk me back to the dorm. We filled each other in on our lives and informed me how she knew Gabriel. Apparently, it was during our parents whole divorce process. Plus, I was too little to remember him.