§55§

This chapter is dedicated to BritneyRoRo

Above is a picture of Uyai ❤

Enjoy.

                        §•§

           §Gabriel's POV§

Both teams in basketball ended with Blossom High School winning and so did the swim teams. Football once ended in a draw during the male game but Greenville High won during penalties. The female football team was good with Blossom High winning.

It was now time for the race. Runners participating were all warming up since there was time to do so. My throat felt dry because of how hot the sun was and all I wanted to do was to hydrate. I decided to move to the changing room since I left my gym bag there. Getting to the changing room, I kept the door slightly open upon seeing Yusuf.

I watched as Yusuf bit on his fingers while Pacing back and forth. The thought that ran into my mind was that he was nervous for the upcoming race. But every thought vanished when I took noticed on what was in his other hand.

My water bottle.

The cap had been opened by him and a sachet of unknown substance was close to my bottle.

"Just do it," I heard Yusuf say. "Father promised he's gonna reward you greatly."

Yusuf tore the sachet and proceeded in pouring the substance into the bottle, but stopped. "Isn't this—" He stopped himself from speaking further as he closed my bottle water and kept it inside my gym bag. "I-I can't."

I scoffed watching him in great dilemma and thought it was about time I fully open the door. But I stopped again. Yusuf had squat and opened my gym bag one last time. He sucked in air before placing the substance into my bottle. My throat ached.

Yusuf quickly hid the evidence once I opened the door, and stared at me with wide eyes. I slowly approached my gym bag, pretending like I saw nothing. I reached for my bottle and opened the bottle cap. This was a stupid idea, but I had to. I proceeded in drinking the water.

"Wait!" I stopped midway, pulling the bottle before it could get to my lips.

"What?" I feigned ignorance. "I can't drink my own water again?"

"I-I," Yusuf was a stuttering mess and he knew that. Reason why he had to clear his throat and settle with a glare. The Yusuf was resurfacing. "I know you're half human half robot but I never knew you were stingy too. I'm thirsty, I wanna drink too."

I raised a brow at his acting. Yusuf reached for my water without a permission from me and made his hands slip on purpose, which made my water bottle fall to the ground. "Oops."

Yusuf bent to pick my bottle but held it upside down which force the content to spill. "O-Oh, my bad. You weren't giving me with a good mind so it spilled. Next time, try to be generous."

And Yusuf scurried out, leaving me alone in the changing. I looked at the spilled water close to my feet. Though I was curious of what that substance was, Yusuf act made me scoff.

I guess he still had some good in him.

                           §•§

The female track team was starting, a race I was anticipating cause I wanted to see how fast Belinda was and if the whole convincing was worth it. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the starting of the race. Once the whistle was heard, a familiar face popped among the many spectators on the bleachers. A face I had been searching since morning.