§41§

Yesterday was my birthday and I promised three chapters. But the rain fell and the network was just too bad. So here's a new chapter. And expect two more update ❤

This chapter is dedicated to kyen_writes

                           §•§

Christ!

I dug as the heels sprinted over my head.

It was mother.

Mother wasn't happy with the result. She started spanking me with her hands right from the hospital and now that we were home, she threw her heels at me. A heel that almost burst my forehead if I hadn't dug.

"I'll kill you! You embarrassment, I'll kill you!" Mum charged towards me, but Martins held her waste. I was confused too. I trusted Mrs Ekanem so much, she couldn't change the result.

Unless.....

Oh my God!

"Let me!" Mother tried to escape from Martins' grip, same time Arinze slipped upstairs. "What have your brother done to you that you swore to ruin his name!"

"Go to your room!" Martins ordered. I hated that he ordered me but I had no choice but to obey. It was either I go to my room where it was safe or stay and face mother wrath. The later didn't sound best.

Chike was the only one I could reach out to once I got to my room. I remembered Chike and I being in a group when we were in Jss3, which made us to exchange numbers. We didn't even used it, since I never had that ounce feeling to speak to him then.

Is he using a different number now?

I hoped not.

I decided to try Chike's number, hoping he'll pick up at first ring. But I was wrong. The first trial was cut with the network being unavailable. My body that was so angry right now, told me to stop and mind my business. But my head? My head was reluctant, asking if ignoring was the right thing to do.

"Yeah?" Was he serious right now? I had tried Chike's number for the second and third time but he busied my call. Now I get why he had busied it, he still had my number. "Adenike, I can hear you breathe through the phone. Please speak, Jerome and I are studying.

"I need Daniels' number," There was a pause, Chike refused to speak.

"What does she want?" That was Jerome's voice in the background.

"She needs Dan's number," Chike's voice was muffled. Seemed he was blocking the speakers.

"Please end the call," Jerome said sternly, then hissed. I rolled my eyes. It wasn't like I wanted to chitchat with them or something. I just wanted Daniels' number.

"Daniels isn't here," Chike finally answered. "Just Jerome and I."

"I didn't ask if he was there or not. I just need his—"

"So I obviously can't give his number out to someone that hurt him. Especially when he's not here to grant that permission." What was he blabbing about? I only said some hurtful words to Daniels. It's nothing compared to what Yolanda did. Yet, Daniels and Chike were creating big deals out of mine.

"She hurt Daniels?" That was Jerome.

"I-It's nothing," Chike reassured Jerome, while cleaning his throat. "I'm ending this cal—"

"You seem to know," I quickly said, before Chike disconnected the call. "I mean Daniels and Yolanda issue. Daniels must have told you."

There was shuffling. I sensed he was moving away from Jerome to find a quiet place. "And also the rude words you said to him just because he was in an emotional state after hearing what his girlfriend did."