§63§

This chapter is dedicated to kizzy444

Enjoy.

                           §•§

                §Gabriel's POV§

The room felt even more suffocated as minutes passed. Though I didn't want to admit it, I felt my hope deteriorating as minutes passed by. It had been several hours I had sent that message to Daniels, yet no show. I thought he would see the message immediately knowing it was from Adenike as his line seemed to be saved on her phone. But I guess I was wrong as always.

A knock came across the room, making everyone in the room to be at alert, even Yusuf. I guess he was also scared. Only God knew what his father would do to him for his betrayal. No one wanted to speak, it could be Mr Buhari or Precious. But Precious? It sounded laughable. How could he get brainwashed by Mr Buhari and his stupid scheme. But the voice that came in next was neither of those two.

"Is anyone in here?" The voice was unrecognizable and neither of us wanted to risk it. "It's the police, is anyone in here?"

We scurried from the cold floor and staggered towards the door. I was weak, hungry and thirsty and I was sure the same was with Jubilee and Yusuf. "Yes yes, we are in here."

"What are you doing?" Jubilee hissed at me, forcefully dragging me by the collar. "What if they aren't the police!"

"I pretty sure my father's men won't need permission before rampaging his office and dragging us out." The look on Jubilee's face showed Yusuf had a point.

After several noises made from the other side of the door, the door flew open and three police men with uniforms and two without one, rushed in.

"Are you boys Okay?" One of the policemen without uniform asked while the ones wearing uniforms, ushered us out.

"Fine," I tried catching my breath, glad I was out of that office. "Thanks for coming on time."

Soon, we were out. My eyes roamed the place as I saw Precious beside Mr Buhari. Both their hands were behind their backs which showed they were probably handcuffed. I didn't know why but my legs took me over, till I was standing right in front of him.

"Why? Why did you do it?" I didn't feel sorry for him, I had no reason to. I just wanted to know why he did what he did, why he had to let himself get deceived.

"I'm not as strong minded as Yusuf," Was that his excuse? I thought he was gonna say more to justify himself but he didn't, which angered me.

Soon, Anne came out of the car with two others I couldn't recognize, which made me drift my attention from Precious, to her. She rushed towards me and hugged me tight while I wrapped my arms around her.

"Get them in the car," One of the officers with no uniform ordered, referring to  Mr Buhari and Precious, before turning to me. "You'll have to come with me to the station too, Gabriel."

I nodded but didn't move immediately as my eyes kept roaming the place. "Are you looking for Ini?"

I looked down at Anne and nodded my head. "D-Did she—"

"Yeah she did, but something urgent made her leave," Anne explained to me. She pointed at the two I couldn't recognize, then turned back to me. "These two are the reason you aren't dead."

"Thank you," I said with sincere gratitude. Once the formalities was over, I got into the car with the others, as we drove over to the station.

                        §•§