§38§

I promised a double update to apologize for the wait. It's left for my battery not to disappoint.

It's been long I've recommended books so I'll help new authors out. Do check out ElishaThompson2 book; Tyrant Love. He just started and open to suggestions.

Enjoy.

                          §•§

              §Daniels' POV§

When you thought you could trust one person to make you feel secured but that one person decided to hurt you the most. I wasn't sure what I was doing here but I eventually found myself in this dilemma.

"Your Dad did this?" Yolanda had gasped in her tiny voice as she bent a little to observe the bruises around me. We were just in Jss2. We were just tiny little things afraid of the world around us.

"N-N—"

"Don't lie to me Daniels, I'm a psychic." I knew she was lying about her last statement but I was surprised on how she knew I was about to lie. We hadn't spoken to each other but I had always admired her because she was fair and pretty. I always thought she was more beautiful than my elder sister. "You were crying saying how much you hate your Dad. Did he do this?"

"I-I-I don't hate him," I cleared my cheeks. I had felt embarrassed crying in front of a girl. "He's j-just to strict to k-know when he'd gone t-to far."

Yolanda had let her curious hands poke one of my bruises but quickly withdrew it when she heard me hiss.

"I don't know what you did, but I don't think it is enough to hurt you this way." She had stretched her hands towards me, forcing me to look at her big doe eyes. My Mum and sister was the only girl I had really liked. At that point I was really nervous cause I was about to hold Yolanda's hands. It seemed I liked her too.

I held her hands which prompted her to help me up. She had promised to take me to the school nurse which she did and held my hands securely through the disinfecting and bandaging process. She made me feel safe. She was my safe place.

"Daniels, I'm sorry." I shook my head to reality as I took note of Yolanda and..... Adenike. Why does she have to be here? Now I was in an even more confused state.

"Are you alright?" My question shook both Yolanda and Adenike. "Have you gone to the hospital?"

I don't know what you did but I don't think it's enough to hurt you this way.

I knew what she did, a one time mistake according to my sister and her several everyday advice. But I felt it wasn't enough to hurt her the way she was hurting.

"I-I-I did," Yolanda stammered. "B-But I don't know what to do."

Yolanda was busy crying at her predicament while Adenike was doing her possible best not to look at me. I wanted her to, but I guess not looking was better. We needed the distance.

I moved over to Yolanda, making her scurried a bit. "It's not a contagious disease, Yolanda."  I said calmly, while she looked at me with swollen eyes. "What are you doing after school?"

"Nothing," Yolanda sniffed, smuggling into my school jacket just to hide her face. "I'm lost. I'm wrong. I'm angry."

"And I'll help you." Her head lifted as she stared at me with stunned eyes. I was still very much angry with her but I just couldn't bring myself to leave her at this state. "How about we—"

"Senior Yolanda," Yolanda quickly hid her face while the junior student stared strangely at her. "Mrs Tobi asked me to get you."

"She'll be there," I said to the boy. Within seconds he began skipping away without a care of the world.