§37§

This chapter is dedicated to bernieG247 Happy birthday 🎂🎈🎊

Enjoy.

                         §•§

             §Adenike's POV§

I pushed the rim of my glasses up my nose as I stared at my blog. It hadn't been updated for days now. I had news around me, but lost the inspiration to write.

I felt guilty.

It was Thursday. I planned to go round to check what the teams were up to, since I won't be able to join them at Greenville High on Monday, to train. Yet, I didn't move a muscle.

So this was what feeling guilty felt like. It made one restless and out of breath at every given opportunity. It made one's heart skip several beats whenever they came in contact with whatever was making them feel guilty.

How on earth could he say we shouldn't meet? No matter how huge Blossom High was, that wish of his was still impossible. One thing first, we were in the same class. Literally! How could we not meet?!

"Daniels!" I groaned, holding my hair in frustration. He was driving me nuts.

"Um, senior Adenike." I lifted my head in frustration to witness a little girl, gulping in fright. I lifted a brow so she'd speak on. She seemed nine and probably a Jss1 student.

"Yes," My voice came out cold and intimidating, forcing the girl to move back a bit. This could be turned into a news. Scared Fresher afraid to approach a student. But like I said, no inspiration.

"The um..... Seniors...... I mean prefect are holding a meeting. Senior Ini asked to um.... Get you." I rolled my eyes. I don't know why the perfects asked for me, but I had to obey.

"I've heard yo—" Before I could complete my words, the junior scurried off like I was some chemical substance preventing her from breathing.

Getting up, I pressed the side button of my phone so it would go blank. I cursed when it occurred to me the junior student didn't inform me of the prefects meet point.

I rolled my eyes and decided to move to the one place they usually hold their meeting, hoping they'd be there.

The library was a quiet place, a place for sleeping. To me though, since I couldn't read in school. I moved to the debt of the library. The prefects usually host their meetings there so it won't disturb many sleeping.... Sorry, reading.

Taking a step further, I was glad my guts were right. Every prefects seated, turned their head towards me. I sighed and stood with folded arms. "Good afternoon."

"Afternoon," Some mumbled while others ignored.

"Have a seat," Senior Lisa suggested.

"We aren't here to keep her. Stand." Senior Belinda ordered.

I rolled my eyes but respected myself by standing. I wasn't a fool to go against senior Belinda's words. Senior Ini, a little. Senior Lisa, a bit. Senior Elina, maybe. Senior Belinda, I was too young to start living a miserable life. My life was already miserable as it is.

"Adenike," Senior Ini, began. "Since you're officially the school's blogger, the principal had asked Precious and I, to hand you a pass."

"The exceptional pass?" I asked, my jaw dropping to the ground.

"No, not the exceptional pass." Said senior Precious.

"It's more like the reporter pass," Senior Ini clarified.