§33§

Here's a new update.

Enjoy.

                          §•§

                 §Daniels' POV§

The basketball slammed the floor, then bounced back to my right palm. The floor, then my palm again. Floor, palm. Floor, palm...... Each continuous process made me calculate the opponent at my front, before jumping and swinging the ball into the loop.

"Danny!" Her voice echoed from the bleachers, forcing me to look down at the white substance on my palm, which prevented pain.

"Yolanda truly came prepared." Chike nudged me with a smirk, before running over to the opposite side while clapping his hands to get his teammates together.

It's been two days since I knew about Yolanda's deeds. Two days I pretended and let her cling around me like nothing happened. Two days I watched my heart ached continuously.

"That's it!" Yelled the coach, making our captain to raise his hands while doing the halt sign.

We huddled up to listen to coach, even though we knew what he was about to say. Chike and I found ourselves standing close to each other at the back, behind our teammates. I hadn't told my friends about the reveal. I chose not to cause I hadn't come with the terms of Yolanda cheating.

"I've watched you all play and I've decided on who to pick for the team." Said coach, while holding a green note pad. "Your very own captain, Miracle."

It would be shocking if the coach wouldn't pick our captain. Senior Miracle, stepped out and took the name tag from the coach.

It had been rumored that only those representing the school in a particular sport would be allowed into the competition at Greenville High. So majority, were hoping to be called. The only exception apart from parents, was the individual the head boy and head girl would conclude to join in as an exceptional pass.

"Daniels," Coach called out. I maneuvered my way to the front and retrieved my name tag. It took quite some time before Chike's name was heard.

Once the selected players were called, the coach dismissed and walked over to the other side of the court to focus on the girls. Chike and I moved to the bleachers to get hydrated. Yolanda moved from the bleachers, where she was seated and matched towards me. Her hands clinging on me like always.

"You did great, Danny." Yolanda said, her hands still on me. Yolanda wasn't at any sport team. Normally I would have talked to Ini so she'd talk to Precious and hope that they both come into agreement so Yolanda would be taking to the competition with an exceptional pass. But now, Yolanda was the one thing I needed not to see during my stay at Greenville High.

"I need to drink this water, Yolanda." I said a bit sternly. I felt bad for not being able to control my emotion and Chike, could see right through me. My friends could, but chose not to say anything to me.

Yolanda let go a bit and I was able to drink from the bottle cap. "Are you free later? I've got troubles with—"

"Chike and I got plans." I bottled my water. If Chike was having doubt before then he must have cleared it cause right now Chike knew something was wrong without a doubt, but chose not to say anything. Atleast not in front of Yolanda.

"Did I do something wrong?" Yolanda asked, but I remained quiet.

"I need to go," I said instead, then turned to Chike. "Let's go."