§30§

This chapter is dedicated to somoniummay

Above is a picture of Belinda ❤

Enjoy.

                            §•§

"You what?!" Gabriel snapped, prying his eyes away from the computer screen. We were presently at the computer lab. Gabriel had earlier brought in his flash drive which contained our work in progress.

"It's um..... No biggy." I tried getting my way into Gabriel's good side. But Gabriel didn't seem to have a good side. The way he stared at me made it look like he was looking deep into my soul. "The best runner had an injury and we're now left with just Jerome; one of my bro best friends, and Yusuf."

Gabriel gave me a bored look after I had said my last statement, then swiftly went back to typing on the computer. My jaw dropped a little. Gabriel made it look like I said nothing to him.

We were currently at the computer lab and we weren't the only ones. Precious happened to be with Belinda and Lisa happened to be with Efua. Elyon wasn't too far off, as she was stuck with Yusuf, while Elina was with a random student. We all had one objective. Complete the computer project.

Belinda was extremely brilliant and this might sound to good to be true, but she was serious when it came to school work. Same with Lisa and Elina.

Belinda from were I sat, pointed at the screen while giving Precious some tips on their project. Elyon on the other hand glanced more at Gabriel and myself, even far more than the computer which was right in front of her. Yusuf wasn't any different. It was clear as day light that Elyon was obsessed with Gabriel as Yusuf, was to me. I wasn't dumb.

Elina wasn't that engrossed on her project. She was busy glaring daggers at me. It was obvious she was still upset with the second position, which made me hella happy. She was the best runner in the female track team and so, she thought she could intimidate me with it. I was excited, it only proved that she should never look down on anyone. But why did she look down on me? I was top five! Well guess who was now number one, not her.

Lisa...... Lisa and Efua were the funny duo. They had the exact personality but Lisa had the upper hand. Not because she was more popular than Efua— Efua wasn't even considered popular till she started hanging out either me. But because she was more intelligent and wouldn't give in to Efua's laziness. No one could actually listen to anyone's conversation cause Lisa and Efua's voice were all over the place, disagreeing at every given opportunity.

"You're not saying anything?" I asked, once I couldn't stand him keeping quiet for to long. "It could be fun?"

"Could?" Gabriel lifted a brow at me, then scoffed in disbelief.

"Would...." I dragged. "It would be fun."

"Nothing would be fun being on the same team with Yusuf." Gabriel said, typing away on the keyboard.

I contemplated for a bit, before softly placing my hand at the back of Gabriel's left hand. Gabriel forcefully stopped moving his hands on the keyboard, and became tensed all of a sudden. His behavior made it seem like a heavy load just fell on him.

"It would be fun," I tried again. "Very, to be precise. You don't know Jerome. That boy is a comedian. He's literally friends with everyone. Yeah I know, his friends would be at the competition once they make the cut. But Jerome won't have time to hang out with them cause they'll be training hard-core. Now guess who he'll hang out with?"

"Yusuf," I lifted my hand and playfully slapped Gabriel's upper arm. Bringing my arms down, I witnessed the edge of Gabriel's lips curve upwards.

"Come on Gabriel, no brother of mine will associate with the likes of Yusuf. I trained them well." Though Chike and Jerome weren't blood related, they were still like family and meant a lot to my brother.