§57§

This chapter is dedicated to bernieG247

Above is a picture of Yolanda ❤

Enjoy.

                         §•§

               §Daniels' POV§

Once the completion was over, I had spotted Yolanda among the crowds and decided it was best to take her home since she brought her car with her. On our way home, we had some conversation. Uncomfortable conversation.

"I've been hearing rumours, Daniels." She had started firmly. "Rumors about you and Adenike." Mentioning Adenike's name sent a jolt to my chest. I couldn't help but think if I was too hard on her. "Is there something going on?"

"Her brother gave you the disease, didn't he?" I had asked instead, seeing Yolanda nod slightly.

"Is that the reason you're always with her? To blame her brother?" How she could reach that conclusion was beyond me. "Thank you but don't hangout with her anymore. It hurts to see you hangout with the sister of the guy that ruined my life."

I let out a sigh while looking at the ceiling, while pulling away from my thoughts. Mother had rented a three bed room flat and was presently undergoing divorce procedures. She said she had something to say but only when the papers had been signed.

I let out yet another sigh.

When last had I prayed? I just couldn't remember. I closed my eyes as I thought hard on the words to say to God. At the end, I went with just four words.

"Lord, give me wisdom." I didn't open my eyes immediately and waited. But for what exactly? It wasn't like God would talk to me from heaven. And even if he wanted to, it wouldn't be for my situation.

A small smile formed my lips. It wasn't much but it was something. "Thank you."

Now I could sleep. I didn't hear from him persay, but he did speak.

                         §•§

The next day, I decided to call Yolanda over. Mother had already gone to the court when Yolanda arrived, putting on a yellow sun flower lap length flare gown and white sandals. She came with her car and we decided to use that, since Ini and I don't have access to ours any more. I had informed the driver of our destination. Yolanda had headphones on and seemed not to care.

The driver pulled over at the hospital parking lot thirty minutes later, which made Yolanda yank her headphone wire. "Daniels?"

"To check your vitals," I responded instead.

Yolanda nodded slowly then placed the headphone back on. "I thought you wanted to take me out on a date." She said instead.

We climbed down from her car without me responding, and strode into the hospital building. Greeting several medical aids, we finally got to Dr Ekanem's office.

Opening the door, we could see Dr Ekanem sitting in her office behind her desk, while looking down on some folders. Knowing someone had opened her door, she looked up gave a small smile and asked us to have our seats.

"How you doing recently, Yolanda?" Dr Ekanem enquired. "You've been taking your medications lately?"

"Yes ma'am," Yolanda responded softly.

"We just.... We just wanted you to run some test and see if the virus is stable." I voiced in.

Yolanda swiftly turned to me. "I thought you said vital?"