§50§

This chapter is dedicated to _chinenye

Above is a picture of Adenike and Anne.

Enjoy.

                          §•§

               §Daniels' POV§

Basketball ended minutes ago and now I was striding with Chike passed the track field while heading back to the dorm.

"Chike!" Chike and I stopped to see Jerome at a far end, waving at us. It got us laughing cause Jerome looked like a small cricket jumping. "Wait!"

And so we did, as we watched Jerome trying to reach us from the distance.

"By the way," I turned to Chike. "I'm still angry you gave Adenike my number without my permission."

Chike scoffed, turning to me. "Are you? Are you really?"

Jerome used that moment to finally catch up. He wasn't even breathless despite the running he just did. "Guys, so you both weren't planning to say hi before leaving?"

"I was," Chike replied while I forced myself to not comment : of course you were."

"So what's up? Are you done with practice?" I asked, Jerome nodded.

"Yeah I just need a quick shower and put my gym bag in order." He informed. "Can you both wait?"

"Sure," I said with a shrug while Chike, went with "Of course."

Jerome turned and proceeded on leaving, but stopped "By the way,"  He turned towards Chike and I. "You both won't believe this."

Chike and I, shared a look. "Believe what?"

Jerome began to laugh without saying a thing, as if just thinking about what he's going to say, cracks him up. When he could finally contain himself, he opened his mouth to speak. "I just found out that Adenike has a sister. They met!"

"She does?" My heart peaked at Chike's question.

"Swears! The resemblance was just too much. It was like both looking at their future and past self!" Jerome exclaimed. "Too bad she left the track field in tears."

"In tears?" I gulped, while Jerome nodded with a look that stated; don't repeat what I just said. "Where is she now?"

"Do I look like a snake map?" My fist balled at his response.

"Answer me!"

"Don't yell at him," Chike snapped. "He knows nothing."

My breath even as I tried to remind myself that Jerome was my best friend. My best friend that can't ever be serious even if the word serious hit him in the face.

"What is wrong with him?" Jerome asked Chike, still frowning at me.

"He lost a game during practice," Lied Chike. We couldn't tell Jerome the truth so it won't diverse his attention during the game. Jerome usually had divided attention towards things and it might affect his performance. So during exam, test and competitions, we tend to make our conversation lighter because of him.

"So?!" Jerome snapped. "Does that give him the right to talk to me in such manner? When did we start caring about Adenike?!"

Neither Chike nor I answered, which made Jerome to roll his eyes at us then turned and began storming to the field.

"Can you—"

"Yes," Chike didn't let me finish. I'll go check up on him. Go check up on Adenike."