§10§

This chapter is dedicated to Dawn772 who revealed to be a ghost reader in the last chapter. To the ghost readers, don't be shy to comment and vote ❤

Someone Dm saying I was spelling Daniels' name wrong and it was meant to be Daniel. Let me note that there's Daniel and there's Daniels. Same way there's Peter, Peters, Adam and Adams. So I hope we all understand.

Above is a picture of Efua ❤

Enjoy.

                          §•§

                  §Ini's POV§

Walking down the halls after I had bid Daniels goodbye, was the first time I felt like an outcast in a school I literally ruled. Eyes were on me, whispers were at every which way. What the hell was I supposed to do?

"Isn't she the fortress wannabe?" Someone said in a not so secretive tone.

"I heard she knelt and begged Belinda, so she'll join the group." Someone else said, as I quickened my footsteps to get away.

"Was she that desperate?" The words kept pouring in. "Too bad the real Fortress, revealed her ass."

"Would they be called Fortress now? Since they are no longer four?" Someone else's asked, but my quickened pace didn't let me listen to more nasty comments.

So this was what senior Eno felt the seconds she walked down the hall after being dumped in public? None of those commenter could walk up to me and say those words to my face. I was still the head girl of this school. Though I just officially became the head girl this term, Precious and I still held most of the authorities.

I scurried over to the cleaning closet where cleaners kept most of the cleaning supplies at school. I didn't waste much time as I opened the door and dashed into the spacey room which was lit with nothing but a wax bulb that could go out any minute.

I let out a breath as I wiped the sweat which had formed on my forehead, with the back of my hand. "I thought I was tough, guess I wasn't. I would have apologized when I had the chance."

Now I regretted not apologizing. My life stunk now. Thinking about it, being with Belinda, Lisa and Elina wasn't all that bad. Especially Lisa. Though I was closer to Belinda, Lisa was the most tolerable among the three.

"Bothersome," My heart skipped when I heard a different voice which wasn't mine. I held tightly to the stripes of my backpack as I slowly turned with a gulp down my throat.

"Gabriel?" His eyes moved over to mine with an icily look. I pushed another lumped down my throat, knowing the reasons people usually don't like the boy in front of me. But why the hell was he staring at me like some serial killer? "Is this where you stay to avoid the assembly ground?"

"Less talking more moving. Get out!" I flinched. No wonder most people were scared of him and made fun of him. Why on earth did I defend him in the first place? Now I had lost three friends cause of him. Gabriel was no rainbow and sunshine.

"Chill, this is the cleaning closet and not your mansion." I was in a bad mood and didn't want someone like him to make it much worst. "How's your cut?"

Gabriel remained quiet. Worst, I couldn't see him clearly cause of the palm oil current bulb above our heads. The school was luxurious in many areas but still treated the cleaners like trash.

"Look, out there are students throwing stupid and false comments my way." I said to Gabriel, while pointing at the door. "All I want is to stay here till the bell goes off for assembly."