§36§

This chapter is dedicated to kizzy444

Above is a picture of Precious ❤

Enjoy.

                          §•§

             §Gabriel's POV§

Precious dragged me over to his home for the first time. According to him, he was preventing me from embarrassing myself in public. It wasn't like I was planning to. I informed my driver not to pick me up, since Precious promised to take me home after the tutorial session.

We finally got to Precious' home. His home was what I expected as we strode in so I wasn't too surprised by how big it was. Getting to the living room, I noticed two men deep into a conversation. Precious tensed up a bit. The two men finally noticed us, as one spoke.

"Where's Yusuf?" A man with so much bears, spoke out. He had Hausa intonation laced within each words. I immediately knew he was Mr Buhari, Yusuf's father.

"He... Went straight home," I wouldn't call it a lie, since that's what Yusuf must have done. "Dad, I need to go upstairs with Gabriel."

"Who's he?" Asked the healthier looking man. He obviously was Precious' father.

"And what happened to his hand?" The earlier man asked. Precious used the corner of his eyes to look at my prosthesis.
"He—"

"I had an accident when I was little." I frown. It wasn't Precious' story to tell.

"An accident?" Mr Olu, Precious' Dad, seemed more curious as he sat upright while resting his hands on the armchair supporter. "Of which kind?"

"Hands of armed men," The distaste filled my mouth as I remembered what happened when I was little.

Precious looked at me stunned. No one at school really knew what happened to me. They all had their point of view which involved me being a murderer, cyborg and many more.

"Armed men?" Mr Olu repeated and I nodded. "From which family."

On a normal note, I would have mentioned Mr Afolabi, my adoptive parents. But we were currently talking about the incident that happened when I was little. "Late chief Okonkwo, CEO to Pristle Cooperate Enterprise."

Though I was little, I was too smart for my age. I remembered my parents company quite well. But I wasn't sure what had happened to it now. Since I haven't heard about it for a long time, there was a possibility it might have fallen or the name might have been changed. All in all, it was my past. I was ready to build my own legacy.

The looks on both men were a bit strange though. Both eyes wider than ever, lips parted and out of words. Precious and I, stood like a statue, not quite sure of what to do next.

"Precious, take your friend upstairs." Mr Olu said, referring to me as Precious' friend.

Precious nudged me. Without saying another word, Precious began to lead the way upstairs.

"I'm sorry," Precious finally said, once we got to a lobby. "Both my Dad and Yusuf's, aren't aware of Yusuf and I not being friends. Didn't mean to put you in a tight corner."

"Yeah, by asking me personal question." I scoffed. Precious finally opened a door which led to his room.

"They usually question my friends, especially my Dad." We walked into the room while Precious threw his backpack on his bed. "My mum would have welcomed you with open arms, if it wasn't for the fact she's on vacation. Seat."