§3§

This chapter is dedicated to Queensleyyy

Enjoy ❤

                          §•§

                    §Ini's POV§

I was quite envious of Belinda, Lisa and Elina.

I knew I shouldn't be, but I just couldn't help it. My friends were hanging out without me being with them, in the name of having a literature assignment. My best friends had excused themselves earlier, telling me they'd be at the love garden working on their poetry. It wasn't fair, I was stuck here with Efua.

It wasn't like I didn't like Efua. I mean, I hardly knew her so why should I dislike her. She was my classmate, yeah. But that was it. Just classmates.

"I can work alone on the poem, if you don't want to be my partner." Guilt flushed through me and I frantically waved my hands.

"No no no no no, I don't mind being your partner." I shuffled on my seat, and brought out a book and pen from my desk locker. I checked out Efua with the corner of my eyes and noticed she was staring at me quizzically.

"You're not like them," I paused midway when opening my book.

"Sorry?" I was a bit confused and lifted my perfectly carved brows.

"I said, you're not like them. Like your friends." Efua repeated. She placed her chin so it could rest on her left palm, which was plopped on her desk. "Why are you even friends with them?"

I gave a subtle smile then opened my book completely. "They are not that bad."

"Yeah, they are not that bad." I curled my lips, surprised Efua agreed to it. She seemed not to like them, so I was waiting for her to disagree. "They are the worst."

I busted into small fit of laughter. I knew she'd disagree. But she was talking about my best friends, I needed to clear their names. "But to be honest, jokes apart. They're not that bad."

Efua did the surrender gesture with her hands and I was happy she wasn't ready to argue. I wasn't ready for that either. "What about you? You did defend Gabriel earlier. Are you friends with him or something?"

Efua scoffed at my question. "You talk like you're new at this school. Everyone knows Gabriel, doesn't keep friends."

"But you did defend him." I dragged as I wrote the word 'Literature Assignment' on my book. "Or do you feel something more?"

There was an awkward silence, so I glanced sideways to gaze at Efua. "I defended him because it was the right thing to do, and not because I want something in return." Her voice morphed to an unfriendly tone, that it made me gaze up at the white ceiling awkwardly. It wasn't like it was a touching question. Or does she get upset if anyone teases her about liking a boy? She needed to take a chill pill.

"Brain storm for ideas, I need to go pee." That was a lie. I just needed fresh air. Efua didn't seem like my kind of person. She was cool and all, but she was too uptight and needed to loosen up.

I moved out of the classroom, skipping and playing with my footies. Right ahead of me, down the hall, I noticed Gabriel walking so fast and literally not taking note of his surroundings.

I tried moving to the side on time, but I was too slow. Gabriel bummed into me, making my right shoulder to ache a bit.

"So s-" I stopped, seeing that Gabriel didn't bother to see who he had bumped into. "Sorry."