§64§

This chapter is dedicated to pweety_1

Enjoy ❤

                           §•§

               §Daniels' POV§

It's been three days since the hospital incident. Mother didn't let Ini and I go to school because she wanted us to be mentally stable. Because of this, I wasn't opportune to see her. I looked down at my phone, eyes roaming the address Chike had sent to me, then at the plate planted on the fence close to the golden black gate.

I knew I was here in the past, but it was dark and my eyes were filled with remorse to take note of anything. My knuckles made contact to the gate only twice, before the small eye sized box got opened.

"Who you dey find?" The man I guess was their security man, said behind the gate.

"Looking for Adenike," I said slowly. The eye sized box, slid close. I waited close to twenty seconds before the mini gate pulled open and I was asked in.

It felt like they were relocating or something as I couldn't ignore the many luggage outside. Soon I recognized Adenike's sister, since they looked almost alike, standing close to a tall dark build man that was giving instructions to the gate man that went back to help.

"What are you doing here, Daniels?!" I turned to the side to see Adenike approaching me. She was putting on a white flowing gown. I wanted to conclude it as her night gown, but it felt far more sophisticated than a night wear.

Adenike in no time, held my hands and dragged me out of the compound. Once we were out, behind closed gate, Adenike let go of my hand and wrapped her arms below her chest. "Where are you going?"

"To my father's house," She said in one go. I knew she was still mad at me and I understood her emotions perfectly well. I played with her feelings and made her feel less of herself.

"Really?" I asked, trying to sound cheerful.

"Yes," Adenike used the same tone as earlier.

"Yolanda and I finally..... Broke up," I breathed. I didn't like the way the air felt and I wanted the old Adenike back. Not the one that got on my nerves and hated me so much that we were on first name basis, but the one I actually fell for.

"Congratulations," Her tone lack the emotions it did with other words. So far, we weren't going anywhere.

"She um...." I cleared my throat. "Lied about having HIV."

"Shocking," Adenike lifted an emotionless brow.

I sigh, reaching for her hands but she placed it behind her back. I balled my hands into fist, hating how nothing was going well for me. "I'm sorry."

"You're sorry, that's it?" Adenike scoffed, wrapping her hands tighter against herself. "Do you know I waited for your calls after the game? How I felt when I heard you left with Yolanda? How you didn't even show up at school these past few days and neither texted nor call me? How I thought you were just slowly erasing me away? And then you just showed yourself out of the blues, babbling about things I warned you about and sprouting that you're what? Sorry?!"

"I didn't call because I was trying to get over the things I had with Yolanda," I tried reaching out for Adenike but she wouldn't let me. "It all happened so fast and I wanted to get over it."

"And after that?" Adenike accused. "Stop making excuses and own up to your mistakes—"

"My father died," Adenike folded her lips when my words hit her. I let out a shaky breath followed by a sad chuckle. "The man I knew all along turned out to be a fake, if I'd use such word. And my real dad? He didn't even have the chance to be a father to us. He died, Adenike. He died the day we found out about him."

Adenike remained quiet, but at least she took a step towards me. "I don't need your pity, I don't need you sympathizing with me. I just want you to know that I really like you a lot and can't live with the fact of you hating me."

"I don't hate you," Adenike whispered. "I just—" I didn't know what she was about saying next, since she stopped herself before she could complete her sentence. "Sorry about your loss, I seem selfish."

"I'm the selfish one," I said to her. "Wanted to keep you and Yolanda."

Adenike let out a small chuckle, "Who's the most beautiful?"

"Sorry?"

"Yolanda or myself, who's more beautiful?" I didn't know why she asked such question so sudden, but I didn't hesitate to reply.

"You," My voice was as clear as crystal, as a wide smile formed across her lips.

"Then you're forgiven." Without wasting much time and thinking too deep, I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close and kissing her lips softly.

I pulled away so I could ask her what was lingering in my mind. "Would you like to go to the Senior Pride with me?"

"As your what?" Adenike lifted her brow, edging me to speak on.

I gave a close lip smile, then cleared my throat. "Girlfriend?"

Adenike chirped, linking her arms around mine. "I thought you'd never ask."

"By the way, your dad, that was him in there, right?" Adenike nodded and I quickly pulled away. "I thought he only had possession of your sister?"

"He won the case after I found evidence of my mum's actions. I'm moving out, wanna help me pack?" My face must have looked like I had just seen a ghost.

"What, you act like he bites." Adenike chuckled then leaned closer. "Maybe he does."

"Not helping Adenike," I growled at her when she linked her arms around me and began dragging me through the gate.

"Remember when we hated each other and we're on first name basis?" Adenike asked and I chuckled. "And I would have kissed you here if it wasn't for the fact that my father is standing there. He'll kill you."

I let out a close lip chuckle. "Come on, you need help packing right?"

"Why'd you think I dragged you in here?" I had a feeling dating Adenike would be hella challenging. But atleast, it wouldn't be boring.

She pushed me to her father's direction and I greeted him with the title of a friend at school. If only he knew I wasn't just friends to his daughter.

A/N

A/N

Your opinion, which character claim is more beautiful? Yolanda or Adenike?

So that's it for Daniels and Adenike storyline. I knew I said just two chapters left and delayed a bit with this one... Apologies, was catching up on a series.

Till next episode,

Much love,

Adios

X
-Eddy