§54§

This chapter is dedicated to BlueRose_023 for being the fast to update in the previous chapter.

Above is a picture of Eno ❤

                       §•§

                §Ini's POV§

I moved my neck a bit while being examined by Dr Ekanem. I was much better now and could get discharged if the doctor permits. I was still hoping she would, I had my reasons. Still being examined, I watched the ongoing game in my iPad. Blossom High was gaining the lead and I felt proud Daniels and Chike had scored several points to their name.

"Your vital are all checked," Dr Ekanem said, then complemented. "You're really a strong child."

I laughed shyly at her compliment. Nurses that had came to check up on me in the past had all made the same statement. I guess it was because I was physically strong knowing how many weight and stress I had done on track. A little dislocation that almost took my life was a piece of cake to my body. "Thank you doctor."

Dr Ekanem sat on the seat provided, then looked at the note pad in her possession. I couldn't find it in me to ask if I was getting discharged today, so I just focus on my iPad. I think I was focusing a little too much which gained the doctor's attention. She peered in to see what I was watching.

"Is that the game?" Dr Ekanem asked.

"Ah, yes ma'am—" My tummy rumbled in the process making me to press my lips shut.

Dr Ekanem laughed a little at my reaction. "You must be hungry, I'll go get you something."

Dr Ekanem ruffled my hair before getting up. She could make anyone stay in a hospital longer than they should, cause of her personality. Was she this calm to her family? They were really lucky.

Dr Ekanem proceeded in leaving the room while I focused on the game and groaned when Greenville High, gained a point. I really didn't like that school. "Oh, sweetheart."

"Ma'am," I averted my eyes to respond to Dr Ekanem but it turned out she wasn't speaking to me. She had left the room door mid open and was speaking to someone at the other side. "Go get something at the cafeteria for a patient."

The grumbling that came in afterwards could make a curious mind get up from their bed to check out what was going on visually. "If I knew you were going to send errands every which way, Emem would have come instead of me."

"If I knock you?" Every thought of Dr Ekanem being calm to others were totally gone as she snapped. More grumbling followed after as Dr Ekanem closed the door completely. I decided to focus on the game.

"You can do it," I whispered an encouragement when our opponent seized the ball and threw it in the loop which gave them a point. It seemed to be a tough game as my stomach kept rumbling and Blossom High basketball players seemed to be giving up even though they were ahead in points.

The door to my room opened and to say I expected the person that walked in through the door, was a huge lie. No wonder Dr Ekanem's name sounded so familiar.

Eno Ekanem.

She was putting on a black tank top and checkered trouser. Her black braid were styled at the back, reveling a perfect face.

"Senior Eno?" I whispered, voice held so much surprise in it. What was she doing here? If I knew she was the one Dr Ekanem was asking to get me meal, I would have stood up and oppose.

Right now, the game felt nothing as Eno moved closer with a plate of jollof rice and beef. After placing the plate beside me, she reached for something else. A table water.