§14§

So guys, after asking the question, it was concluded that only very few can't see the article, while the rest can. I recommended to those people to update their version.

I kept a different font for the article, for a reason. It puts difference between the story description and head voice.

So with that said, this chapter is dedicated to NellyAssumang happy belated birthday.

Above is a picture of Elina ❤

Enjoy.

                          §•§

It had been close to two weeks since Adenike had written that last article about me. What surprised me was how it got taken down seconds after she told me she wouldn't take it down. It wasn't like I was complaining either, it felt peaceful not hearing my name on everyone's mouth.

"The sun is pretty high. I don't get why you want me here." I stared at Efua with raised brows. This was the umpteenth times she was complaining about the sun.

Efua and I had gotten closer these past few days. We hadn't had any serious argument, except when I told her to focus more on her books than typing away on her phone. She was a completely different vibe from Belinda, Lisa and Elina, which is a good thing.

"Stop whining," I scoffed as I squat down to stretch out my right leg.

I was at the track field, warming up before the coach arrives. Since it was club slash sport period and Efua wasn't in any, I invited her to tag along. I couldn't leave her in the clutches of Belinda and Lisa, and Efua for some reason didn't like Elyon much, to be left with her.

"It's like we ain't under the same sun-"

"Announcement everyone!" Efua stopped talking as my fellow teammates and I, turned our heads to see Elina walking towards us with swayed hips.

She was putting on the exact track sleeveless top and shorts, like the rest of us. Wrapped around her head, was her signature white hijab.

"Coach is sick today and wouldn't make it. I've been put in charge."

"I'm dead," I mumbled to myself with a heavy sigh. There was a reason Elina was in charge. She screamed captain and was obviously the best female runner we got at Blossom High. What was I? I was only top five.

"Of course you are," Efua equally whispered towards me. "She's literally best friend turned worst foe. Obviously, she won't go easy on you."

A lot looking at the Fortress, would think Belinda was the leader or acted like the leader of the group, whom basically controlled Lisa and Elina. But that was where people were wrong. Literally no one was or acted like the leader. Not me, not Belinda, not Lisa, not Elina. We were our own person. They just chose Belinda over me cause she was more fun. Like who'd pick me over Belinda?

Elina was someone who was equally a meanie with no trace of pity in her. I could only tolerate Lisa cause she cared less only when it was about her or about her friends.

"If you ain't part of the female track team, leave the track field." Announced Elina but we all knew who she was referring to.

"Can't I just stay at the bleachers? Away from obstructing you guys?" Efua asked, not sounding pleased that Elina wanted her out.

Elina moved over to Efua and I, like she meant business. Elina eyes moved towards me as she folded her arms below her chest. "Ini, tell your friend to leave."