§26§

This chapter is dedicated to Victoria_yemi

Above is a picture of Lisa ❤

Enjoy....

                          §•§

The next day seemed like it would be a day without troubles. I had gotten a bit closer to Gabriel, which still felt like a dream because Gabriel wasn't all that bad.

His parents were also very friendly that it made me sad when I thought about mine. He had adoptive parents but they were more of a parent than mine was. I began to wonder if my life would had been any better if I was adopted too.

"What's making you smile so hard," Asked Efua, forcing me to realize I was smiling just by thinking about Gabriel. We both sat at the fresh trimmed green grass located at the love garden. "Did you both talk about the kiss? Did he like you back?!"

Efua eyes shown, anticipating for an answer that would make her screech or something close to that. I closed my eyes in dismay and shook my head sideways. "What is that no for? No that you didn't talk about the kiss or no that he doesn't return your feelings?"

"How sure are you that I even have feelings for him?" I nudged my hand at Efua, which made her wriggle her fingers for unknown reason.

"Who are you deceiving? Definitely not me." Efua hissed, then patted my lap twice. "Spill."

"We didn't talk about the kiss," Efua face became grim as she opened her mouth to speak. "But before you start dissing me, here's the tea."

Efua ate her donut in one go and chose to listen instead of interrupting. "Are you aware that Gabriel isn't dumb?"

Efua creased her brows. I waited for her to finish with her coke, then use her tongue to clear her inner cheeks, before she spoke. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, Gabriel is actually smart." I said word for word so she'll get me this time.

"Are we still talking about the same Gabriel that fails woefully at school and barely got promoted?" Efua paused a bit. "I know I'm dumb, but that boy is way worst than me."

I nodded. "Same guy. Get this, he was only pretending."

"Why?" Efua scrunched her nose, while I shrugged.

"Bits me." But then, I continued. "He set an equation that even I couldn't solve, and told me why he didn't reveal his intelligence to the world. Apparently, he wants a simple life."

"He calls his life simple?" Efua busted out laughing, burbing in the process. "I like him."

I smiled shyly, while staring at my fingers. "He also...."

"Also what?" Efua whom had lost interest in my gist, gained it within seconds.

"He also...."

"Also what?!" Efua became frustrated while waiting in anticipation. I was dragging things while she wanted the full gist.

"He also carrassed my cheeks." Efua leaned back in obvious disappointment, then gave out a frustrated sigh.

"And I thought he kissed you again." I nudged Efua harshly, which forced her to fall sideways to the grass, while laughing. "I was only joking. I feel if Gabriel could go through such length, then he's trying to let you in."

"What am I?" I mumbled to myself. "Enhypen?"

"Huh?" Efua scrunched her nose while I waved my hands in a never mind manner.