10 - rest

Penelope POV

After breakfast we all made our way into the living room. Surprisingly no one carried me which made me smile a little remembering Beth and I's conversation from earlier.

Mari and Bella both took the couch as Beth sat down in the recliner, so I looked around trying to decide who to sit with.

Mari looked at me expectantly so I slowly made my way over to her causing her to smile. A little grin formed on my face as I grabbed the soft blanket next to her and hurriedly walked over to Beth who scooped me into her arms.

I laid comfortably on her front as she rubbed my back. Mari on the other hand was not happy. "Penny! How rude! I thought you were coming over to snuggle with me." Mari said with a clear pout.

Bella was laughing by herself before Mari shoved her. "It's not funny Bella," Mari scolded.

Bella nodded, "It kind of is. I find it funny how upset you get that Penny chooses Beth over you. I mean I don't blame her, Beth is comfy."

I whimpered and looked up at Beth. She kissed my forehead before gently pushing my head back down. "It's okay baby. You don't have to feel bad about wanting to cuddle with me. Mari will just have to get used to it."

I glanced over at Mari who looked worried, "I'm sorry Penny. I didn't mean to make you upset. I don't have any problems with you cuddling with Beth, as long as you make sure to save some cuddles for me and Bella?" Mari questioned.

I shot her a smile in return, "I promise Mari." She smiled in return before there was a knock on the door.

Bella shot up off the couch to answer it before she came in with a package. She opened the package before taking something into the kitchen.

Mari grabbed the package off the floor to look through it. She smiled at some of the items and started showing them to me.

"So we have some sippy cups and bottles. They'll have to be washed before you can use them," Mari told me with a smile. She pulled out four bottles and four sippy cups. Two of each were solid colors, one purple and one blue.

One of the sippy cups had Moana on it while the other one was from Frozen. The bottles were Minnie Mouse and Belle. I smiled but could feel the blush rising on my cheeks.

Mari then pulled out a couple of soft blankets, one navy and one purple. She then pulled out a few onesies, some were basic colors whereas some had cartoon characters on them. Mari then pulled out a teddy bear and my eyes immediately widened at that.

I put one of my hands out and looked at Mari pleadingly, "I has please?" I asked and Mari looked shocked at me before nodding her head quickly. She handed me the stuffed bear and I pulled it to my face and rubbed my cheek on it before sighing in content.

I looked up at Beth with a wide smile, "I has a bear Bethy!" I told her while showing her my bear.

She smiled brightly at me, "I see that sweet girl. What are you going to name them?" Beth asked me and I thought about it for a minute.

"Mmm, I name her Luna." I told her.

"Luna is a perfect name," Beth told me while Mari agreed.

Bella finally came back into the room before handing Mari a handful of items before coming over to me. "Do you want to try this Penny?" Bella asked and I looked at the item in her hand.

She was holding a blue pacifier so I knew immediately what she was asking of me. I know they wouldn't care if I said no, but I felt like I should at least try it.

I think Beth could sense my hesitation, "It's okay if you're not ready sweetie. We are going to go at your pace." Beth told me as she rubbed my back firmly to ground me into my senses.

I carefully took the pacifier out of Bella's hand, not missing the small smile appearing on her face, before slowly popping the item into my mouth. I noticed Mari had paused going through the box to smile at me.

It took me a minute to find a good rhythm and I sighed happily finding the soothing motion. I cuddled into Beth more and she kissed the top of my head.

"Do you like it sweet girl?" Bella asked and I nodded my head happily in response.

All the women cooed at me with my fluffy blanket, teddy bear, and now pacifier and I couldn't stop the redness from taking over my face.

Bethany POV

We all cooed as we looked over Penny with all her newfound comfort items. It wasn't much longer till she was asleep in my arms once more. I swear she is the most tired child, but she is still healing so I will let her sleep as much as she likes.

I gently ran my fingers through her hair as I looked over to my wives with a smile. "You don't think we pushed her too fast with all of these items do you?" I asked both of them.

Mari had an unsure look on her face, but Bella looked surprisingly calm. "I think she's nervous about all of this, but I think with her she will always be a little bit nervous until she learns that it's okay. For her, that may have to be experiencing it to understand that feeling."

Mari and I both looked over to Bella with a confused look. Bella smiled sheepishly at the both of us, "What?" she questioned and I chuckled lightly.

"Nothing. Just curious on when you got so wise?" I told her with a grin while admiring the blush that rose on her cheeks.

Mari scooted closer and pecked Bella's lips calming her, "You're right though. I think Penny has to experience something first before all of her fears are eased. With what she went through she may always have a little bit of fear and may always second guess herself." Mari continued.

I then looked at her a little surprised, "You too Mari. Old and wise has never looked so hot," I told them with a wink causing them to groan before laughing.

"You always make it cheesy babe." Bella chuckled at me before grabbing my free hand.

I smiled at the two of them before looking down at Penny. "I agree with you both. I think this is good for her, and I think she really likes her new items. I mean she has a death grip on her teddy and she has not lost her suckling rhythm on that pacifier." I told them with a happy smile on my face.

"I don't think I've ever seen her so content," Mari spoke out loud and I smiled sadly at her.

"I think you'll be seeing this side of Penny a lot more from here on out." I told both of them with a hopeful tone in my voice.

"I think so too," Bella spoke as she smiled lovingly at Penny.