33 - naps and tears

A/N: Sorry I've been missing for a few days! School has been making my life hell, so I'm sorry for the delay!

Penelope POV

I worked on a couple of classes during mom's classes and she would occasionally pop her head in for a few minutes during passing period.

It was now lunch time and I was laying down on mom's couch. I definitely had slipped, but not too far. I had nibbled on my food a little bit, but I really wasn't hungry. Mom was sitting at her desk working on paperwork while occasionally nibbling on her food.

When she looked up she saw I was laying down and I guess she saw all of my food was basically untouched.

She didn't say anything except walk over to the couch and sat down next to me. She pulled me into her arms and rocked me slightly. "Baby why didn't you eat your food?"

"Not hungry mommy." I mumbled against her stomach.

"Are you little right now baby?" Mommy asked worriedly and I nodded my head slowly.

"Do you think we should go home early then baby? I don't want to leave you alone while I'm in class if you're little." Mommy told me and I shook my head.

"No mommy. I okay. I finish my work early, can I take a nap though?" I asked her softly and she smiled.

"Okay baby. You can stay back here and take a nap. I'll grab a pillow and blanket for you okay? If you need me while I'm in class, just poke your head out and I'll pause from my lecture and come check on you." Mommy told me and I nodded as she laid me back down on the couch.

She came back and got me settled in with the blanket and pillow. She leaned down and kissed my forehead, "I love you baby. I'll check on you when it's passing period and when I'm on my plan time." Mommy told me and I smiled at her.

"I love you too mommy. I be fine." I told her and she nodded her head a little bit. She made her way to the door before looking back at me once more. She left the room and I closed my eyes to drift to sleep.

Bethany POV

I was worried leaving Penny alone in my office, but we only had a couple of class periods left so I just had to hope for the best. The last few periods flew by and I was making my way in when Madelyn came into my class.

I turned around and faked a smile at her. "Hello Madelyn, what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked getting annoyed with her presence already.

"Hi Bethany, I was just coming over to check in on Penny and see how her first day was." Madelyn told me politely and I shot her an annoyed smile back.

"She settled in well. I'm actually going to get some work done in my office for a minute before we need to head home. I'll let her know you came by though." I told her dismissively. Madelyn nodded before slowly making her way out of my classroom.

I waited until she shut the door before making my way back to my office and I smiled when I saw Penny asleep on the couch still. She had rolled over onto her belly and stuck her thumb in her mouth. It was the cutest sight.

I crouched down next to her as she was laying down on the couch and slowly brushed some of her hair. She shifted in her sleep slightly before opening her eyes to see me.

"Hi mommy." She whispered with a little smile.

I smiled brightly back at her, "Hello baby, are you ready to go home?" I asked her and she nodded her head as she slowly sat up.

I noticed when she sat up that there was a wet spot near the crotch of her pants, oh no. At least my couch is leather, but I don't know how she will react to this.

"Baby..." I hesitated while looking at the wet spot, she followed my gaze and saw what I was looking at.

She shook her head quickly, "Mommy, no, I so sorry. I no mean it. I no do it 'gain, I no do it 'gain!" Penny cried out to me and I pulled her into my arms.

"Baby, shh shh. It's all okay, I promise you, it's okay. Mommy's not upset with you." I told her as I held her in my arms and she cried into my shoulder.

"Can you try to calm down so you can talk to mommy about what happened?" I talked to her quietly.

She cried a little bit longer into my shoulder before her tears turned to sniffles. I looked down at her and she slowly looked up at me. I wiped the remaining tears from her eyes and kissed her nose.

"I have spare clothes in my bag for you. That's not a problem, we can get you changed before we leave. But baby, we may want to think about pull-ups when you sleep. You didn't potty a lot on yourself, it was just a small amount so I don't think diapers are necessary." I told her while rubbing her arm.

She quickly shook her head, "No! No mommy, p'ease no. I be good girl. I pwomise!" Penny cried out and the waterworks were quick to start.

I pulled her back into my arms, "No, no baby. You are not in trouble, you are a good girl. This was an accident. I was only suggesting pull-ups in case of accidents and only at sleep times unless it's necessary. Okay? We can talk about it more at home with momma and ma. Just think about it?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Okay then, let's get you cleaned up." I told her and she nodded. I quickly went over to my bag and grabbed her a onesie and a pair of shorts. I chuckled to myself slightly, of course all I had with me was little clothes.

I helped her get undressed, put her soiled clothes in a plastic bag before helping her get redressed.

Guiding her out my door, I wrapped an arm around her, "Let's go home baby girl." I told her and I kissed the top of her head as we made our way to the car and to go home.