50 - Pouty Baby

A/N: Possible TW!! Guess whose back, back again...depression's back, tell yo friends. Hi. I'm depressed again, y'all know how I write, soooo sorry. We will be back on our normally scheduled happy chapters when I don't feel like I want to fling myself off a bridge. Also, been mad thinking about a Natasha Romanoff/Wanda Maximoff agere book with them two married and caregivers and they have a little together. Unless someone has already done that, then please point me in their direction. 

Penelope POV

I roll over with a groan smushing myself against mommy.

"Is that so little one?" Mommy said with a slight chuckle and I opened my eyes looking at her with a pout.

"No school. Too tired." I mumbled before cuddling my face into the crook of her neck. She sighed slightly as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"I'd really like it if you could come to school baby. Your other mommies have to go to work so they can't stay home with you and I've missed too much time at work." Mommy explained and I whimpered causing her to pull me closer to her.

I felt someone roll over and wrap their arm around my body. "You'll be okay Pen. You can nap in mommy's office in the morning and if you're feeling up to it you can do your school work in the afternoon. That sound fair?" Mama asked and I nodded.

"Where momma?" I asked not hearing her like I normally do in the morning.

"Momma is at work. She won't be home until later tonight baby." Mommy answered and I pouted at that.

"What's wrong baby?" Mommy asked seeing the pout I was sporting.

"Need shower or bath but momma not here." I started to get whiny and mommy kissed my forehead as a response.

"Well mama has to go to work, so what if I bathe you?" Mommy asked and I just mindlessly nodded my head. I hugged mama goodbye seeing that she had already gotten dressed and was getting ready to leave.

Mommy carried me into the bathroom and set me on the toilet seat. "Are you able to stand on one leg so I can help you shower?" Mommy asked and I just nodded again. I woke up in a not so great mood and everything happening is making it worse.

Mommy started the shower before helping me out of my clothes and putting the bags and tape on my broken leg to cover the cast. Mommy tested the water before helping me in to shower. She didn't follow me in and I whimpered at her.

"Mommy, shower." I plead with her but she just looked at me sadly before shaking her head.

"Baby girl, we don't have too much time this morning. I'm sorry." Mommy told me and I just gave her a nod as I turned my head away from her. I blinked away a few tears and soon enough she was helping me out of the shower, drying me off, and getting me dressed for school.

Mommy gave me a small breakfast as she got ready and I threw it in the trash when she ran back upstairs. Once she was back downstairs she didn't even notice, just picked me up and carried me out to the car.

She kissed my forehead before giving me a small smile. "It'll all be okay baby, I promise." She told me and I just nodded. I was still upset with her for not showering with me so I didn't say anything.

We made it to school and mommy ran to the back of her car before coming up to my car door. Opening it I saw she had a wheelchair pulled out for me. I closed my eyes for half a second to control myself as mommy lifted me out of the car and into my chair.

I didn't say a word the entire walk into the school and into her office. When we got into her office, I lifted myself out of the chair and onto the couch. I rolled over with my back facing her. Mommy pulled out a blanket and pillow like she had done before and helped make me more comfortable.

"Alright, I'll come check on you throughout the day and you holler for me if you need me okay baby?" I didn't answer her.

She let out a quiet sigh before kissing my forehead, "I love you baby. Get some rest." Was the last thing she said before walking out the door.

I laid on the couch and it took a couple of minutes before I started sobbing. She doesn't really love me. She's just saying that. She would have given me the cuddles I needed earlier in the shower if she did. I cried until I eventually fell asleep on the couch. Anytime mommy would come in to check on me during passing period, I would pretend to be asleep if I wasn't. She would sigh and give me a kiss on my forehead each time she left.

It was finally lunch time when she came back in her office, but I heard her walk straight to her desk and sit down. I cried a little as I turned to look at her. Her eyes furrowed with concern. "Sweetheart? What's wrong baby? Are you okay?" She asked frantically as she checked over my body and I shook my head no.

"I need you to tell mommy what's wrong baby. I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong." She plead with me.

"You no love me." I sobbed out and I saw her facial expression completely drop.

"Baby girl? What are you talking about? I love you with every fiber of my being." She said sounding shocked and hurt.

"You no shower wit me and I needed you and needs cuddles, but you said no mommy." I cried before placing my face on her shoulder. She wrapped her arms tightly around my body and I could hear her voice wobble.

"I'm so sorry little one. We needed to rush this morning and I didn't realize you needed that. I should, have. I'm sorry Penny." Mommy said as she sniffled slightly.

"Mommy cuddles?" I plead with her as I pulled my face from her shoulder. She nodded quickly as she turned to sit on the couch. She cradled me in her arms and I laid my head back on her shoulder.

"Baby girl. I - I really need you to start communicating with me better. Mommy can't always pick up on what you are thinking, and I don't ever want you to feel like I don't love you. Because I do love you baby, with everything I am and I would do absolutely anything for you." She told me and I nodded as I cuddled more into her body.

"I love you too mommy." I said while trying to blink away the remainder of my tears. She kissed my head and continued to rock me in her arms until the end of lunch.