57 - Broken

A/N: I've been super tired and stressed lately. I'm getting evaluated for bipolar once I make the appointment, but my therapist and doctor both believe I have several similar symptoms. Plus, I accepted a new job that I'm terrified to start next week. My best friend also gets married this week which I am so excited for. So yeah, I have a lot going on in my life that is stressing me the fuck out. Also, thinking about training my dog to be a service dog for my panic attacks, has anyone ever done something similar?

Bethany POV

I walked away from my wife before going to see my baby. I walk into my bedroom and see Penelope laying in bed. She's close to our typical spot except a hair farther away than normal. I ignore that as I sit down not missing that she wasn't touching me.

I sighed slightly as I pulled her into my good side. "Come here sweetie." I said softly as I felt her tense up. Still tense in my arms I tried to soothe her slightly. "Shh baby, don't tense. Momma and mama have already told me what has been going on." She relaxed her body slightly and leaned more into mine.

"I'm proud of you for still eating while I was gone baby. Why haven't you been little though? I know you need it." I asked her softly.

She shook her head slightly, "I'm sure ma already told you." Penelope said with a sigh and I nodded my head.

"That she did, but I want to hear it from you." I told her and she took a deep breath before relaxing more in my arms.

"It's my fault you were hurt." Penny spoke quickly and I shook my head.

"Baby-" I started but she interrupted me.

"We would have never been at the cemetery if it weren't for me. I was little and I couldn't be observant of my surroundings." She told me as a tear slipped out. I wiped it away before kissing her forehead.

"Baby girl, you are not responsible for any of this. You are our baby and we are the adults. Those people are the only one's at fault for what happened." I explained to her and she still didn't seem sure.

"You still don't believe me huh babes?" I asked curiously and she looked at me sadly.

"I did get hurt, and I'm so sorry you have had to see me like this sweetie. But I am here and I am fine. I am getting better and better every day. Can you please trust mommy and maybe try to slip?" I asked her knowing this is what she needs.

"Mom I can't. What if you get hurt again?" She asked worriedly and I shook my head.

"I won't get hurt. The Isaac's are going away for a long time along with Ms. Geerling." I told her softly and she looked at me curiously.

"Whatcha mean?" She asked and I smiled at her for her words starting to get mumbled.

"Baby, the reason the police were there was because they have been tracking the Isaac's whereabouts and followed them to the cemetery. They are never going to hurt any of us again." I told her leaving out the part of how Michael was killed during the interaction.

"I'm scared something is going to happen again when I'm little." Penelope whispered.

I sighed and kissed her head. "Penelope Elena James. I will protect you with everything I am to ensure you are safe and your other mommies would do the same for you. We love you. You are our baby and our child. We would do anything to make you happy." I told her and gave her several more kisses on top of her head.

I looked back down at her and she was smiling. "What's that smile for?" I asked tickling her side slightly causing her to giggle.

"You said Penelope Elena James. James is your last name." She told me with a little smile.

I smiled brightly at her. "Of course I did baby. You're our daughter." I told her and she nodded while starting to look slightly unsure of herself before looking back up to me.

"Adopt me." She said quietly. I heard her, but I wasn't sure I heard her right.

"Adopt me. I'm still 17, so I'm still a minor. Mom, adopt me please?" I had to close my open jaw as I was shocked at what she just asked of me.

"Of course we'll adopt you Penny! We were going to before the car accident, but I guess afterwards everything kind of got thrown out the window. We can go make it official soon okay?" I told her giving her a squeeze.

Penny smiled softly, "Otay mommy." Penny said with a slight yawn as she leaned more against my body.

"Try to get some sleep sweets. I know you haven't been sleeping." I told her and she just nodded as she laid against me.

My wives came in a little later when I explained what happened and they agreed with everything that was discussed. I was happy about that for sure, now we just have to get the adoption through.

I started thinking about it and realized we never found out Penny's results so I asked Bella about it.

"Bells? Did we ever get a result for Penny's bloodwork." Isabella nodded with a grim look.

"Penny carries similar gene characteristics as Analiese did, but she does not have cancer. She just has to be watched for any possible symptoms and taken in every 6 months for screenings to make sure there continues to be no cancer growth." Isabella told us and I nodded.

That's a lot to take in, but we have to remain strong for our baby.