3 - found

*time skip because I didn't feel it was necessary to go into gruesome detail especially since we need a little positivity in our worlds.*

Penelope POV

It had been almost two months, Michael and Karen beat me to a bloody pulp one day and left me in the middle of the woods to die. They had forced me into headspace, beaten me, manipulated me, tortured me, and even raped me before they left me.

Their house was in the middle of the forest and it took me almost the whole week to find my way out. I was so disoriented and broken that when I finally made it back into town the first place I made it to was my old high school since it was right on the town line before the woods.

I don't know if school is even in session yet because I don't know the date, but I know I can get cleaned up and maybe some food and water. I walk up the stairs and head to the showers in the girls locker room.

I turned the water on and scrubbed away all the dirt, but the bruises that remained scattered across my whole body. As I was walking out of the locker room I noticed the two boxes we have set up, one for clean gym uniforms and one for dirty ones. I decided to get out of my bloodied clothes that I had put back on and put on some clean clothes, I'll return them later.

I hear the bell ding and the sound of footsteps crowding the hall, that means that school is most definitely in session and I do not want to get caught. I need to make my way home to Ana.

My school is set up in really weird ways, so we have all of these back stairwells that not many people take. I walk up to the closest one before going all the way to the top. That's the seniors hallway and I'm hoping by the time I get up there everyone will already be in class.

I'm almost to the top when the second bell rings and I sigh in relief once I make it to the top. I walk over to a wall and lean against it for support as I try to catch my breath.

As I'm getting ready to stand again, I hear a voice yell out. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" I look up and see an older woman with super curly hair walking towards me, and I shrink back a little.

As she gets closer I see her face contort to worry, "Penny? Is that you? Are you okay?" The woman rushed and checked me over. I didn't miss her eyes widening at the sight of my bruises, but that's not what I was focused on.

"How do you know who I am? Who are you?" I asked quietly and she shot me a sad smile.

"My name is Bethany James. I'm a teacher here and I think you know my wife Mariana. The whole town knows about your disappearance, but they just assumed you ran away. We all knew you didn't though." Bethany told me while starting to crouch down since I was so small.

"You're married to Mariana? Can I see her? Is my sister with her?" I ask quickly before flinching slightly at my eagerness. I always got hit for that.

"Of course sweetheart, I just have a free period for the rest of the day so I can drive you to see her. What happened to you out there?" I quickly shook my head and backed away as tears formed in my eyes.

"Please don't make me go back. Please!" I started sobbing in the middle of the hallway and felt Bethany pull me into her arms immediately.

"Okay, it's okay. Why don't we just head home okay?" Bethany asked and I nodded my head to her before using my words like I was supposed to.

It was a short drive to Mariana's house and as soon as we pulled into the driveway I opened my door and made my way to the front door. Bethany was quick behind me and opened the front door for me.

I saw Mari sitting on the couch with who I suspected was her other wife Isabella. Mari's eyes widened when she saw me and rushed over to pick me up and cradle me against her.

"Penny oh my god, my sweet Penny. Where have you been? Are you okay?" Mari asked quickly and I just shook my head as the tears started again.

"Wan Ana," I sobbed out and I felt Mariana's body tense.

Isabella spoke up as she had walked over to us, "Sweet girl, Ana is holding you." I shook my head and cried more.

Mariana held onto me tightly as she bounced me, "Shh, it's okay Penny. Bella, I'm Mari to her, Ana was her sister." Mari then pulled back from me a little bit as we sat down on the couch.

"Baby girl, Ana passed away a few months ago. Just a couple days after your disappearance actually. I'm so sorry."

"No, that not true," I cried out to her before shoving my face into her chest as the tears flowed out.

Mari rubbed my back to try and soothe me. "It is baby, I am so so sorry."

I know Mari would never lie to me, especially about something like this, so I just clung onto her shirt as I sobbed. "Where I go?" I turned my head to question her and she bounced me on her knees softly.

"Ana knew she was sick, and that's why she made me your legal guardian so you wouldn't have to be separated from me. My wives and I are all caregivers and know about you being a little, so if you'll have us, we'd like you to stay with us?" Mari questioned and I nodded my head yes to her.

"Thank you." I told her quietly and she smiled at me.

"I want you to meet my wives. You have already met Bethany, but we all call her Beth. The other woman here is Isabella, but you can call her Bella." Mari told me and I mumbled out quiet hellos to them and they both sent smiles back in return.

"Beth, will you hold her so I can grab something?" Mari asked as she handed me over to Beth. I tensed a little at the motion, but as soon as Beth cradled me against her I relaxed. She cooed a little at me and ran her fingers softly over my cheeks.

I smiled up at her before snuggling against her more. Mari had pulled Bella along with her and when they returned, Mari was carrying my blanket I have had since I was a baby and Bella had a bottle of milk.

Mari laid the blanket over me while Bella handed Beth the bottle and began feeding it to me. Soon enough I was starting to feel drowsy and I fussed trying to stay awake.

Beth rubbed my back softly as she tried to help me sleep, "It's all okay sweetie, just try to get some shut eye." And just like that, I was out like a light.

Bethany POV

"I think we should take her to the hospital," I heard Bella speak up and I nodded my head in agreement. Mariana on the other hand didn't seem to sure.

"I know we should guys, but Penny has never been a fan of hospitals." She whispered out trying not to wake the sleeping child.

"We go now while she's sleeping, and then we will calm her down once we get there, okay?" I asked my wives in a way they knew I wasn't asking. I stood up and carefully walked out to the car with Penny in my arms before settling both of us into the backseat. She must be so exhausted because the poor girl didn't make a peep.

My wives quickly followed behind before getting into the front seat. It was a quick drive to the hospital when I knew it was time to wake the girl in my arms.

"Penny sweetheart, I need you to wake up." I said quietly and her eyes fluttered open.

"Where we go?" She asked and I smiled a little at her little talk.

"We are at the hospital, and before you freak out, all of us will be there with you." I said quickly as I felt her body tense. She eventually nodded her head and we got out of the car making our way inside the hospital.