38 - milkies

A/N: sorry it's been awhile. Schools kicking my ass and I just want to quit but I literally have 2 months left. Also, wrote this at my internship lol. I'm hoping things will slow down so I'm back on a schedule, but bear with me.

Penelope POV

I'm back at school today and it's been a rough day and tears have been shed. I'm worried about this new aunt of mine mostly, I don't want her trying to take me. I'll run away if I have to. Right now I'm doing work in mom's office. She's in her last block of the day and it should be done soon.

I hear her door open and I quickly wipe the tears away so she doesn't see me crying. Mom walked in the room and her smile immediately dropped when she saw my tears.

"Baby? What's wrong? Did something happen?" Mom asked as she rushed to my chair before crouching down to be at eye level.

"I'm fine mom." I told her with a weak smile.

She shook her head, "You wouldn't look like you have been crying if you were fine. What's wrong little one?" Mom asked knowing it'd get me to slip and probably calm me down.

I whined a little before speaking up. "I'm worried about Donna." I cried out as I set my head on her shoulder.

Mom wrapped her arms around me as she let me cry. She rubbed my back and kissed the side of my head.

"There's no reason to worry about her, okay? I know me saying that doesn't help much, but you are not leaving us. We will protect you, okay? We love you so much baby and you're safe with us." Mom told me quietly as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Okay mom." I sighed as I stayed in her embrace.

She held me tightly as I felt my body relax. There was a knock on the door causing both of us to look towards the door.

I wanted to roll my eyes at the sight of Ms. Geerling. She gave me a small smile, "Sorry if I'm interrupting."

We both just nodded and I hid my giggle because I knew mom wanted to say something too. Ms. Geerling looked to me with worry in her eyes.

"Penelope, are you okay dear?" She asked and I just looked to mom who nodded.

"I'll be alright. Uh... an apparent family member showed up at my house the other day. She tried to get me to go with her, but I don't know her. I'd be fine with visiting with her and getting to know her, but I'm not living with someone I don't know. I mean Mari is practically my sister because she's known me my entire life. So I guess her showing up just kind of makes me worried." I confessed to Ms. Geerling. Maybe she's not a bad person, maybe she's just too nosy.

Ms. Geerling nodded. "But wouldn't you rather live with a family member?" My eyes widened at her and mom looked pissed.

"Ms. Geerling, she may be family, but she was never there. Mari was and then when Ana died, mom and ma stepped in. She never showed up when Ana died or when I was missing. My mother doesn't disown people without good reason, so I'm sure there's a reason I shouldn't associate with her. Also, I turn 18 soon, why does she demand I go with her now instead of trying to build a relationship with me?" I ranted out before looking at mom and Ms. Geerling a little embarrassed.

"I'm sorry for ranting. It's just hard for me to trust people now who don't want to try to get to know me first. It just rubs me the wrong way." I told them and mom rubbed my arm slightly.

Ms. Geerling looked at me with genuine sadness for the first time. "I'm so sorry Penny. I shouldn't have pushed. I get so nosy sometimes and I shouldn't be. Like I said, my door is always open. I'll be heading out now. Have a good day ladies." Ms. Geerling said as she left the room.

I looked at mom a little confused. "That was weird." I told her and she nodded.

"Tell me about it." Mom said sarcastically as she packed up all of our things.

Mom held my hand and we walked out to the car. Driving home was quiet until once we were in the driveway.

"How are you feeling now baby?" Mom asked and I shrugged.

"I want to slip but it kind of feels hard right now." I told her honestly.

She nodded. "Well, momma is home, so what if you take a bath with her and then you can nurse with me until mama gets home. Okay?"

Mom asked and I gave her a nod. We made our way inside and mom went over to ma and whispered to her. Ma shot me a sad smile before nodding.

Ma walked over to me, "Come on sugarplum. Let's go have some bath time."

We make our way into the bathroom and I stop for a second. "Is it weird that I'm not little yet ma?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"I don't have to get in with you, or we can wear our bathing suits if this makes you uncomfortable." Ma told me as she brushed some hair back.

I shook my head, "I just didn't want you uncomfy." I told her and she nodded before telling me she was fine with it

We decided to both strip and ma got in first before I got in front of her. I didn't lean into her like I normally do since we get clean first.

"Sugarplum, you get cuddles in this bath time because you showered this morning." Ma said with a chuckle and I blushed as I let her pull me back into her embrace.

I moved so our fronts were pressed together. I laid my head on her chest and she scooped water onto my back. I sighed in relief by being close to her.

I rubbed my thumb back and forth on the top of her boob and she rubbed my back. Laying in there a little while longer I finally felt myself start to slip.

"Momma?" I asked looking up at her and she smiled.

"There's my little one." She said as she kissed my forehead.

"I trying to slip momma." I told her so she knows I am trying.

"I know you are babes, you don't have to force it. I can tell you're getting there, just need to relax a little more. Mommy will be able to help you with that." Momma told me and I nodded.

Momma helped me into a onesie and carried me downstairs where mommy was sitting on the couch.

"Do I have my baby?" Mommy asked with a little smile.

I nodded, "I trying mommy." I told her too and she chuckled.

"Well come lay with me baby girl. You can nurse some until mama gets home." Mommy told me as she lifted her shirt and cradled me close.

I sunk down and latched onto her softly suckling until I found a good rhythm. I only suckled for a few moments until I tasted something different.

I looked up at mommy with a confused expression and she smiled.

"Did mommy's milkies come in?" Mommy asked me and my eyes widened in realization.

I nodded really big with a happy smile before latching on again. I suckled more and soon more milk flowed down my throat and I relaxed my body into her.

She ran her fingers through my hair as I swapped over to her other breast once the one I was on ran out.

"That's my good girl." Mommy told me quietly giving me a happy feeling in my chest.