15 - answers

Penelope POV

I woke up to people trying to whisper quietly along with someone gently rubbing my head. Opening my eyes I see Beth still holding me tightly while she's speaking to Mari and Bella. Mari motions to Beth that I'm awake and that's when I'm eye to eye with her.

She smiles brightly at me, "Good morning baby, how are you feeling?" She asked curiously and I smiled before cuddling more into her chest.

"I'm good Bethy." I told her quietly and I see the look of concern she shoots to the other two women.

"Are you still little sweet girl?" Bella spoke up next.

Pulling my head slightly out of Beth's chest I tilt my head confused at the question. Shaking my head I answer her. "No, I think I may be in between though. I don't feel real big, but I don't feel little?" I was confused by the idea myself.

Mari nodded her head and a small smile appeared on her face, "That's totally fine Penny. I have a feeling that this life will give you a bunch of weird feelings as you get used to it." I nodded at her answer to tell her I understood before I went back to cuddling into Beth.

"Okay sweetie, I think it's actually time for us to get up and start our day." Beth told me while trying to softly nudge me.

I whined and hid my face which didn't help me much when I felt myself get lifted away from Beth. I let out a cry when I felt the separation, I knew I wasn't little, but I wasn't big and I wanted to be with Beth.

Bella cradled me against her, "Shh, I know Penny. I just needed you up so Bethy could get up." Bella tried to explain to me. I tried to calm myself down, but I immediately calmed down when I felt Beth lift me back into her arms.

She swayed with me as she kissed my temple. "You are okay baby, I promise. I just needed to get up, I wasn't leaving you." Beth explained and I nodded.

"She had a rough night, so try not to be upset if she only wants to be with Beth right now, okay Mariana?" I overheard Bella try to whisper to Mari. I looked up and saw Mari's sad expression. When she saw me looking she sent me a sad smile and I sent her one right back.

Mari and Bella left the room first with Beth and I right behind them, though Beth stopped us at the bathroom. "I know you aren't little, but you just woke up, so why don't you try and go potty?" Beth reasoned with me and I finally nodded letting her set me down.

I quickly went in and did my business before rushing back into Beth's open arms. She lifted me up and set me on her hip before carrying me downstairs to breakfast.

Breakfast went by quickly since we just had some eggs and toast before I felt Beth carrying me into the living room. She sat down in our recliner and I got comfortable on her chest. She rubbed my back softly as Bella and Mari entered the room and sat on the couch cuddling together.

"I know you aren't completely big right now, but I'm still hoping you'll be able to tell us what happened?" Beth said softly and I slightly cringed at the memory of my nightmare.

Taking a deep breath I started telling them the dream. I told them everything surprisingly, but I had to take a couple of breaks. Beth would either kiss my head or squeeze me a little tighter to try and calm me.

By the end of my story I saw that Beth had let a few tears escape and both Bella and Mari's eyes were glassed over. Beth gave me a big hug and probably a dozen kisses.

"I am so so sorry sweet baby that you had to experience that and that it's still effecting you. I promise you that you are safe with us." Beth told me and I gave her a small nod.

"I know, it's just scary sometimes." I told her and could feel her nod.

"Do you want help slipping fully?" Bella asked and I shook my head.

All of the women looked a little confused so I figured I needed to explain. "I'm scared that I won't be in the right mindset for school tomorrow. I may slip tomorrow afternoon, but I wanna try to feel bigger by tonight." I explained to the women who then all shared a look of worry.

"Are you sure you're ready to go back to school Penny?" Mari asked this time and I nodded, but not without a hint of confusion on my face.

"Of course I am. I've already missed what a week from when I was gone? It's time." I told them and I could feel Beth tense underneath me.

Mari let out a sigh, "If you think you're ready then we won't stop you. But if anything goes wrong I want you to find Beth immediately. You two can go early tomorrow so she can show you where everything is that you may not know about the senior hall. Beth do you still have her schedule?" Mari asked and Beth nodded while explaining it was on her phone.

Beth showed me my schedule and I smiled seeing Beth's name on there several times.

A Day's -

1st period: English 4 - Mrs. James

3rd period: Ceramics & Sculpture - Ms. Rosemary

Homeroom: Mrs. James

5th period: Creative Writing - Ms. Geerling

7th period: Study Hall - Mrs. James

B Day's -

2nd period: AP Language - Mrs. James

4th period: Environmental Science - Ms. Harrell

Homeroom: Mrs. James

6th period: Photography - Mrs. Hippe

8th period: Study Hall - Mrs. James

I giggled slightly seeing Beth's name on there a bunch. "I have you practically all day," I pointed out to her and a smile broke on her face.

"Don't you think I did that on purpose?" Beth asked wiggling her brows.

I giggled some more and rested my head on her chest. "I'm glad I'll be with you most of the day Bethy." I told her truthfully and I felt her kiss the top of my head.

"I'm glad too sweetie. I'll show you where all of your classes are in the morning." Beth told me and I nodded my head in understanding before we got our day started.