6 - misunderstandings

A/N: My family made me do family pictures today even though we are still in a pandemic so that's why this chapter is late): I also took a nap afterwards

Penelope POV

Beth carried me on her hip back into the living room where she sat me on the couch. Mari and Bella ran up behind her to sit next to me causing Beth to pout.

"Now you both know I was getting ready to sit down with her." Beth said with a pointed look on her face.

Bella shrugged as Mari pulled me closer to her and stuck her tongue out at Beth. I pouted slightly but Beth gave me an encouraging smile causing me to relax back into Mari's hold.

I couldn't help but feel the need to sit with Beth. I already knew I was going to struggle with giving each women attention especially since I always wanted to be with Beth. Mari was like a big sister to me, and I still need to bond more with Bella, though I think we had a good bonding moment in the kitchen. Just something about Beth draws me to her and she brings me a sense of security and overwhelming love with her.

"Alright sweetie, since we know you are a little we don't really have to jump through any hoops trying to figure out if you are or not. However, we will still take everything at a slow pace for you. We are just going to slide through some photos and if you want it you can tell us yes or no, or shake or nod your head." Mari said.

Bella quickly spoke up, "Does that sound okay?" I smiled at her and gave her a little nod causing all the women to sigh in relief.

Mari pulled out her phone and started sliding through some things. I nodded my head to a lot of it, mostly sippy cups, bottles, a soft looking blanket, and of course I nodded to all of the toys. I hesitated when pull-ups and diapers were on the screen. I quickly shook my head no at those.

"No to diapers and pull-ups?" Mari asked for clarification.

I shook my head again, "I don't think I'd like that very much." I told her honestly, that didn't seem like the right fit for me right now.

She nodded her head and shot me a reassuring smile, "That's totally fine sweetheart. If you change your mind just let us know and we will get them for you." Bella told me with a smile.

I nodded before relaxing some more. I knew at least Mari wouldn't, and I assumed the other two wouldn't be upset with me if I told them no. We continued on and I nodded my head to a few more things like different clothes and stuffed animals before a crib popped up on the screen.

When I said I told the doctor everything that happened, I left out the part of them trapping me in a crib as punishment. I didn't want to share it, but seeing a crib on the screen freaked me out.

"No, no, no. Please no." I cried out as I tried to get away from the two women on the couch. Mari tried to grab me, but I managed to wiggle away from her. I was now standing in the middle of the living room with tears streaming down my eyes.

I turned to look up the stairs before looking toward the front door. Beth noticed that and quickly got out of her chair and pulled me into her arms.

Bethany POV

I pulled Penny into my arms and held her tightly while rocking back and forth. She sobbed hard into my neck as I held her against me. I walked away slightly from my wives as I tried to calm the little one down in my arms.

"Shh, it's all okay sweet Penny. You are safe here, I promise you that, no need to run." I whispered softly into Penny's ear, but she was still sobbing loudly.

I carried her into our main bedroom and laid on the bed with her still in my arms. "What can I do to make you feel better sweetheart?"

Penny tugged at my shirt slightly and I pulled up as much as I possibly could without taking it off and she cuddled closer.

After a few minutes she finally calmed down enough for me to pull my shirt back down and sit up with her in my lap.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked Penny and she sighed while resting her head underneath my chin.

I rubbed her back slightly, "We want to make sure we don't do anything again that could cause you to get this upset. I'm not going to force you obviously, but I'm worried about you." I told her and she looked up at me before speaking.

"Whenever I would get into trouble they would strip me naked and lock me in a crib," she sniffled a bit before continuing, "the crib had a lid on it and I couldn't get out unless they let me out. The room would be freezing cold too." Penny whined slightly before tucking her head back under my chin.

I kissed her hairline softly, "Thank you so much for sharing that with me baby and I'm so sorry that happened to you. I will share it with Mari and Bella if that's okay? I just want them to be aware as well. We will never ever do anything to cause you harm, I promise sweet baby." I told her quickly and she nodded.

I held her for a little while longer before I texted Bella and Mari that they could come in the room. They must have been right outside the door because they quickly came in and laid down on opposite sides of me.

"We're sorry Penny. We didn't mean to make you upset." Bella told her quietly while softly rubbing Penny's cheek while Mari rubbed her back.

"It's okay. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, you guys didn't know what had happened." Penny explained but Mariana shook her head.

"It's not your fault either sweetheart. It was just a big misunderstanding." Mariana told her and I chimed in as well.

"Which I will be explaining later to them. For now, why don't we go back downstairs to the living room." I told them all causing them to nod their heads in agreement.