Fighting for Love

Sorry for the long wait in between updates. But I hope you all enjoy this sweet chapter.

Every faction gathers for the reading of the votes. I stand in the shadows since there is no real place for me in all three factions. Hope and I are too different for them to accept us fully. And for a while, I was okay with it but lately, it's been making me angry. "All right. voting is now closed." Emma addresses everyone. "Let's get started." She pulls the first vote out. "The werewolf representative will be...Rafael." The wolves cheer and holler for Rafael and I slow clap from my position. "All right. Settle down. Thank you. Next up. The vampire representative will be Kaleb." I look shocked but not all that surprised. M.G. told me, he was going to win the votes by assuring Kaleb he was going to be set free and it backfired on him. "Settle down!" I feel bad for my friend. "And the witch representative will be...Josie." No one can stop talking as Lizzie's huge campaign did not work. I see the hurt written all over her face.

"Hey, Lizzie..."

"Not now Henry." She brushes me off and I feel the anger inside of me growing. I run as fast as I can and don't stop. I keep going till I hear grunting and the sound of someone crying out in pain. I follow the sound and come across Jed beating Landon up. I don't give it a second thought before I tackle Jed. I begin landing my own punches.

"Get off me Mikaelson!" Jed pushes me away.

"Want to try that again with someone who can actually stand up to you? Because I can guarantee you won't win." I threaten him.

"He's a lost cause anyway." Jed runs off and I look down at a bloody Landon.

"You are a real pain in the ass." I easily lift Landon over my shoulder and run him inside.

"He...Landon!" Hope rushes to me.

"Get the damn door." I order. She opens our room and put Landon on my bed.

"What happened?" I give my sister a look. "Jed." She shakes her head. "He did this?"

"And he would have done more if I didn't stop him."

"This is why this vote needs to happen now. He needs to get away from this school before it...before it kills him." Hope explains.

"But can you do that?"

"What?"

"Can you let whatever weird fascination you have with him go? Because if you can't do that he's only going to come back."

"I heard the votes didn't go exactly how everyone thought."

"Lizzie is pissed as expected. She won't even talk to me."

"Why do you like her?" Hope asks me.

"Why do you like Landon?"

"Henry, don't answer my question with another question."

"Lizzie is a complicated person who...she makes me feel like there is something worth fighting for."

"She doesn't even treat you that nice. She barely acknowledges you..."

"And Landon has put you in more life and death situations in the short time he's been with us. You have to know that liking him will not end well for you."

"And liking someone as self-absorbed as Lizzie will make you miserable." Hope fires back at me.

"You don't know the greatness that is within her. She's not what she presents. That's a shield she uses to hide. I know the real Lizzie, but do you know Landon?" I question Hope.

"Not knowing everything about someone doesn't make it wrong to care for them. Mom and dad...they fell for each other without..."

"Not everyone can be mom and dad. Not everyone can be so lucky!"