SimuLandon

I want to thank you all for the comments on the last chapter. I loved reading and replying to each of you. I hope you all enjoy this update.

Hope's POV

"Headmaster Vardemus, please. I'll hold." I knock on Dr. Saltzman's door, interrupting his phone call.

"Hey. So, good news. We caught another monster. It's a Sphinx, in case you had that on your Malivore bracket." I share with him. "Which must mean that the zombie's probably roadkill by now, right? Unless Malivore is actually starting to send two monsters at a time..." I'm shocked as he brings me in for a hug. "Kay. Uh, good morning to you, too." He chuckles slightly.

"You told me your story. But now, with the memories, I'm just happy to have you back."

"I wish everyone else felt the same." I state.

"You're just gonna have to give them time."

"Yeah, and time is something my father is not wanting to give." Dr. Saltzman raises his brow at me. "He wants to kill you."

"Again?!"

"Well, he like always thinks about killing you. Like all the time. But he blames you solely for the issues we're all facing with Malivore." I share.

"I...is he...is here in town? Is he..."

"Don't worry, Dr. Saltzman. My mom, Henry, and I convinced him not to. At least for now. Besides, I'm heading home to New Orleans with my family to do some research on how to close the portal and have a mini-family reunion."

"I see. Now this trip to New Orleans, is it a round trip or...one way?" I sigh, not sure of my answer.

"To be honest with you, I don't know."

"What do your parents think?"

"They are furious that Henry and I lied to them all these months. My mom went from happy to mad and back to happy all in the span of a minute. I...they want me to be happy but...I don't know what that is anymore." I share honestly. "Henry is... he's contemplating if he should continue school or just go exploring the world."

"What? We're losing both of you?"

"There will always be another Malivore threat. And us staying in school isn't the best use of our resources, so... we're weighing all of our options."

"Ha...are you all four leaving today?"

"Henry and my mom went back early this morning. My dad's staying around, so we can fly back home." I answer.

"Will you let me know when you make your decision?"

"Of course."

__________________________________
"Do you have everything you need?" Dad asks me for the millionth time.

"I pack pretty light." I joke with him.

"I would believe that, Hope but I just loaded five suitcases of clothes in the car." He reminds me.

"Mom did some remorse shopping, and they're really nice things." I argue.

"Your mother could buy everything in the world and still find room to buy more." He mocks.

"Like you buying multiple homes in every place you've visited isn't an expensive habit."

"Don't sass me, Hope. I'm still your father."

"Let's just get on the jet." I tell him. He goes to grab my things.

"Hope!" I turn around to find Landon running towards me on the airway. "Don't go. I need you."