Where's Hayley?

Thank you for the support. I can't believe this is the 3rd book. I have so much plans and hope you all are ready for a crazy adventure.

Right after Klaus stopped speaking to his children

"How was your day my angel?" I ask Hope as we're taking our walks around the campus.

"It was uneventful."

"How so?"

"Had a geography test and learned some new spells. Nothing exciting."

"But you like the school."

"It's fine." Hope looks down to the ground.

"You know you can talk to me."

"Why won't he call?"

"Hope I..."

"You said we can talk. So why doesn't dad call?"

"Your father is a complicated man. He...he means well but he has a hard time showing his emotions."

"Do you see him?" She asks me.

"Not for a long time. It's gotten too dangerous for me to be near him. I...your father loves you and your brother very much."

"I wish he would call. I have so much I want to tell him. So much I want to share with him and he won't even let me."

"You know I always wanted to bring you and Henry back here to the place your father and I grew up in."

"You and dad were both from here but at different times?" Hope asks me.

"Correct. Your dad was born here many years before me. So many things happened in this town. We fell in love with each other here." I explain to her.

"I miss you, mama." I look down at my daughter.

"I know baby and I miss you and Henry too. I..." I bend down and out of instinct I reach for her hand but my hand goes right through her hand. That's the downside of the astral plane. You can act like you're physically there with someone but there can't be any contact. Tears are streaming down my face as I want nothing more than to hug my daughter and tell her everything is going to be okay. "Every day I'm separated from you two it breaks me. But you know what is making me stronger every day?"

"What?" Hope asks wiping a tear from her face.

"Knowing that when we are finally reunited I get to hug you two. And I'll never let you go."

"Why did you do it?"

"What?"

"Why did you take The Hollow inside of you?"

"Hope..."

"No!" She screams and is strong enough to push me back. "You said you'd never let me go but you almost did that. You almost left me."

"Baby I was trying to protect you."

"You were willing to leave me alone for the rest of my life."

"Hope I..."

"Why would you leave me?"

"It's not by choice."

"Nothing of our life is by choice."

"I know you're frustrated. But I need you to be strong for me. I wish I wouldn't ask you of this but...you need to be strong even when you feel weak."