Can You Pass the Beignets?

Thank you for the support.

Klaus gave Elijah his blood to cure Antionette despite what they've been through. Klaus kept his end of the bargain. Now we have to face our children and the mess they made. "We need the room." Klaus declares to Freya who closes the door to Hope's room.

"Hope and Henry are fine. Hope has no magical outbursts." Freya explains to us like it's all okay she put our children in danger.

"Yeah, I just looked in on her. She's practically comatose." Klaus snaps at his sister.

"She's asleep. And so is Henry. Hope was channeling him for the spell. They both need the rest. You two should be proud of them. Your 15 and thirteen years old saved an entire city, and no one will know to thank them for it."

"Freya...my husband said we need the room." She looks to the ground but leaves as we requested. Klaus looks over and finds the box that stores all of the letters Hayley wrote to him. He opens it and finds the letters. He places them on a table open. "You should read them. They'll make you feel better." I rub his arm.

"How could they? I...I missed so much of their lives and..."

"Parents make mistakes Nik. We're not perfect no matter how much we try to be. Our children just saved an entire city because they value our family being together more than their safety. We must have done something right to have them be that brave and selfless."

"What if I don't like what I read?" Klaus asks me.

"You won't know until you read it." I pick up one of the letters and he watches me as I open it slowly. "We'll read it together." He nods his head. The first letter I open a small photo of Henry and Hope pop out. I hand them to Klaus to look at.

"This is how you remember them but...that small adventurous children are still here they just have more attitude." I joke and he laughs.

"Thank you Sofia for...for always being the rock that holds us together."

"Don't."

"Darling I..."

"I'm no ones rock Nik but...I love that you think I am. We're going to get through this together." I kiss his cheek as he pulls me on to his lap. I lean into him as we read the letter as one.

__________________________________
Having a family breakfast feels so good despite the worry. I can't stop looking at Hope making sure she's not going to pass out or anything that would alarm me that she's not okay. Henry is glued to my side as we listen to Klaus give a toast. "The curse that plagued our family for seven years has taken its toll on all of us. On our city. On our home. On our family. The consequences of us being together were grave, but today thanks to you two, we celebrate a new beginning. One in which we have the freedom to stand side by side. And whatever trials may come, we will face them together. As a family." Klaus motions for us all to pick up our glasses for a cheers. "Always and forever." We all drink to his sentiment.

"Would you please pass the beignets?" Hope asks me.

"Of course." I smile at my daughter but I worry so much for her.

"So, Rebekah will be back in a few days. She's just tying up some loose ends overseas." Klaus explains to the kids who are overjoyed.

"I can't wait to spend more time with Auntie Bexs." Henry exclaims with joy.

"It'll be nice to have her here." Hope adds.

"It'll be good to have all of us under one roof again." Freya adds but the smiles on Klaus and the children's faces fall as footsteps approach and we see it's Elijah.