Summer Adventures

Sorry for the long wait. I hit writers block with this story more than my others because I really struggle to not make this like other Legacy stories. I will try my best to update this story more so bare with me.

3rd Person POV

"Mom didn't tell you anything else about this thing?" Josie asks Lizzie.

"Only that it's called an Ascendant, and you and I made it with Aunt Bonnie when we were five." Lizzie explains.

"Does it have anything to do with the Merge?" Josie looks to her sister as they lay next to each other on their bed.

"I don't know. She's being cagey about it. I..." Lizzie disappears. Josie sighs and waits for her sister to reappear, which she does. "Sorry. Mom almost busted me."

"You know, we can Facechat like normal people." Josie reminds her.

"But we're not normal people. We need to keep our magic sharp over the summer." Lizzie argues.

"How is therapy going?" Josie changes the subject.

"Fine." Lizzie lies.

"And how is Henry?" Lizzie looks at her sister with wide eyes. Josie turns around, waiting for Lizzie's answer. "Come on, spill."

"There is nothing..."

"He jumped in front of a magic bullet for you. That's very heroic." Josie points out.

"True."

"And isn't he in Europe all summer with his family?"

"He might be." Lizzie looks to the ground, and Josie's mouth drops.

"No!"

"What?" Lizzie asks like it's nothing.

"Have you been secretly dating Henry Mikaelson this whole time, and I didn't even know about it?"

"N..."

"Lizzie!"

"It's not dating. It's more like a few dates."

"Where? When?" Josie asks.

"Well, you're right; he is spending most of his time with his family. They're doing a big Mikaelson road trip through the world while Henry has time off from school."

"Where was the first date?"

"Paris." Lizzie blushes just thinking about it.

"Romantic."

"I was presently surprised by his gestures that night."

"Paris is a wonderful first place to have a date." Josie agrees.

"It really was."

"How many dates?"

"Only two." Lizzie answers.

"Two?"

"The first month we didn't see each other because he was having a hard time dealing with his first full moon."

"How did that go?"

"I mean, he was with his dad who talked him through the whole thing and apparently ran through the swiss alps with him, and they had a blast."

"So are you guys going to official or..."

"I don't know. As much as it's been nice seeing this new side of Henry, I feel like I'm missing something."

"What do you mean?" Lizzie looks at her sister.

"He has this wall up, and it's obvious."

"Did something happen to him?"