Hi Hope

I know I don't update this story as much as my others but it's partially due to writers block and some difficulty trying to make this story unique. I don't want it like all the other stories that just write exactly what happened in the show. I want Henry to add a lot of depth and sometimes that means long waits in-between updates. I hope you all enjoy this and tell me what you think in the comments.

Henry's POV

"Henry, this is Hope. Hope this is Henry. He's a former student of mine and kind of connected to his family in...well, that's a long story." Dr. Saltzman introduces me to my sister, and I want to kill her.

"Hope is it?" I lie as I shake her hand a little more forcefully than I would anyone else. If she were human, her hand would break, but right it's just painful. She winces under the grip, but I keep the pressure.

"Harry?"

"Henry." I correct her, and I want to flip her off, but I remind myself that Dr. Saltzman is here.

"I like Harry better."

"And I like honest people." I whisper where only she can hear. She kicks my leg when Dr. Satlzman isn't looking.

"So if it's not a troll, then what else could it be?" Hope changes the subject.

"I don't know." Dr. Satlzman says.

"It's here." I point to the purple blood splotches on the stairs. "Pretty sure this is where Uncle Finn was killed the second time."

"Uncle?" Dr. Saltzman asks me.

"My Uncle Finn." I clarify. Hope gives me a look, and I ignore her.

"Where is it?" Dr. Saltzman asks.

"I'm not sure." We answer him in unison.

"The pattern is that I wound it, and then it runs and hides from me." She shares. "So it must be sticking to the shadows waiting for it to get dark." We look around the town seeing no sign of the monster.

"Well, when the monsters came last time, they were always after something. See if we can figure out what it's looking for." Dr. Saltzman leads the way, but I see who's in the distance.

"Hope."

"How long?" She asks me as she watches Landon leave a restaurant with Josie.

"They started hanging out throughout the summer and..." I see the hurt in my sister's eyes.

"Let's go." She says.

__________________________________
Dr. Saltzman breaks off from us, leaving me alone with Hope. "Were you ever going to tell me?"

"Henry."

"How long have you been here?" I ask her. She won't look at me. I grab her arm and slam her against the side of a building.

"Henry!" She scolds me.

"I have been worried sick about you. I am the only one who knows you're here, and...you couldn't even tell me that you're back. You said you were hunting a troll but never mentioned it being in Mystic Falls."

"I...I didn't want to worry you."

"Bullshit."

"I...I can handle this."

"If you could, then you would have already caught it. You're not alone in this Hope. Why do you always insist on doing things alone?"

"Because I'm better alone!" She snaps.

"You sound like dad before he met mom!" I fire right back. "And he was a lonely shell of a person! We both know that. We've heard the stories. He lived over a thousand years, running from any connection. Fearing everyone was out to get him. He thought he was better alone, but that wasn't true." I remind her.