Blood Transfusion

Enjoy this update and let me know if you like having Sofia and Klaus more involved.

Hope's POV

Somehow, I find myself again alone with Landon, but he doesn't want to speak with me. Despite helping drain me of enough blood to transfuse into Simu Landon before we dump him into Malivore. He won't even look at me. "Ready?" He asks. I hold out my arm in response, and he attaches the device.

"So... we're not gonna talk about how you walked away from me after we took down the Croatoan?" I ask him.

"I didn't have much to say." He replies with little to no emotion. "Welcome back?"

"Hmm. He has plenty to say." I point out to his passed-out Simu Landon counterpart.

"He is my subconscious. He has no filter. I am a complex, evolved being last time I checked."

"Your subconscious proposed to me in front of my father." I share with him, and he looks at me with wide eyes. "Professed his love for me and was willing to risk it all to ask for my hand in marriage."

"Well, that was him. Not me."

"Well-evolved people talk to one another." I argue back. "They don't just stalk off when things get complicated. So why don't you just stop avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you." He lies. "We're literally in the same room."

"Oh, you know what I mean. Tell me how you feel."

"It's not about how I feel

"It's not about how I feel. It's about doing the right thing."

"There's a self-life on doing the right thing. If you wait too long, it's just wrong." I argue back, and he stares at me. "So you don't have anything else you want to say to me?"

"I love you." Simu Landon shouts as he wakes up, breaking the tension between us. "So much." I look to Landon, who moves further away from me. Landon leaves after he sets up the transfusion device, and it's just me and Simu Landon. There's silence, but it doesn't last for long. "I didn't know I was so afraid of needles. I guess I'll have to add that to the list." He rambles. "Small spaces, um, bugs with wings, doors on hinges. Sorry, am I talking too mu...I just get chatty when I'm nervous."

"Why don't we just sit and wait? Okay? In silence?" I suggest, but that lasts all of three seconds.

"So, why are you leaving town?"

"You afraid of quiet, too?" I ask.

"I'm dead soon. What's the harm in talking?"

"I don't want to stay because I...I don't want to be where I'm not welcome. My family misses me and...I miss them." I explain.

"But you belong here. It's a school for vampires, witches, and werewolves. You're all three."

"Yeah, I know. On paper, it makes sense, but in reality it... it's complicated."