High School Drama Part 1

This was a fun chapter to write. I hope you all enjoy it.

Dr. Saltzman has us gather for another assembly to talk about the recent monster attacks. "Given our recent influx of monsters, the Sheriff and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention."

"Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." Sheriff Donovan informs us as we pass around photos of the missing girls to familiarize ourselves with.

"Thank you, Sheriff Donovan. Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha don't come home...I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program. Meant to improve relations between our schools, which unfortunately is necessary, given recent events. Now I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make all of the difference." Lizzie stands up, bringing all attention to her.

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day. Because that is what heroes do." I cringe a little in my seat next to my sister as Lizzie says this. "So..." She turns to face her father. "I volunteer as tribute. " Lizzie offers and I can't help but smile at her cuteness.

"She battles one gargoyle, and suddenly she's Mother Teresa." Hope mutters to me.

"Watch this." I whisper back. I stand up straight and confident. "I'm in." I smile at Dr. Saltzman.

"Me too." M.G. stands.

"I'm in." Kaleb joins him.

"I'd like to help." Hope stands next to me giving me a look.

"This is going to be fun." I comment.

__________________________________
"Henry." I turn to find Lizzie walking towards me.

"Hi, Lizz..."

"You promised me a private concert. When is that going to happen?" She pouts and I find her so adorable.

"Just been a little busy but...once we save these girls I would love nothing more than to play for you." I state to her.

"You better. I might have to come up with a dance and we could perform it." She suggests. I shake my head at the thought of performing for a crowd.

"I would like to keep it small. I'm not the best performer." I explain to her.

"I would beg to differ." She teases me and my cheeks are red now. "Will you be my go-to person today while undercover?" She asks me

"I wouldn't want anything else." I fire right back and she kisses me on the cheek.

"You're the best Henry." She walks away with her blonde curls bouncing on her shoulders.

__________________________________
We all exit the bus to the normal high school that holds so many dark secrets. Dr. Saltzman thinks it would be a great idea for Landon to accompany us. Since he used to go here and he could tell us if something was out of the ordinary. I watch in amusement as Landon walks straight into Lizzie pissing her off. "Sorry. Sorry." Landon apologizes but it doesn't help.

"I was making an entrance, mophead." Lizzie insults him.

"Sorry. I just had a...a flashback to my freshman year here." Landon explains and I shake my head at him. I spot Connor and flip him off which feels so good.