Pouring Your Heart Out

I am very proud of this chapter. I love this chapter so much, I hope you all enjoy it.

"What is wrong with you?" I go right up to Penelope and she just smirks at me.

"Nice to see you too best friend."

"We're not best friends." I correct her.

"Oh damn. Oh well, what did I do?" She acts like she doesn't know.

"Why would you tell Lizzie and Josie that their mom wasn't coming?" I question her.

"Because it's the truth."

"But...Lizzie has been talking non stop about her...why..."

"Look, all I know is the twin's mom isn't coming and I told them really just to mess with Lizzie and it worked."

"I know you hate her and..."

"Do you know she's taking Rafael as her escort instead of you?" She interrupts.

"You're lying."

"You know I don't lie." Penelope moves closer to me. "We both know that our friendship only works because we don't lie to each other."

"You went out of your way to hurt Lizzie..."

"And I just told you that she is taking another guy as her escort instead of you. Even after you spilled your heart out to her."

"How..."

"I like to eavesdrop and you and Hope are kind of loud when you argue."

"You were listening in on my conversation with my sister?" I question her.

"Why are you and M.G. doing all of this to make Lizzie's party-perfect? When she can't give either of you a time of day."

"Why do you still love Josie when she says you're the devil? Why love someone who hates you?" I fire right back at her. She nods her head.

"Oh, my God. No, I can't take it anymore. As your friend, I demand that you retrieve your little Henry's from Lizzie's grip." She advises me.

"When you do the same with Josie." I challenge her.

"Josie at least loved me back once. Lizzie, she...you poured your heart out to her and I know how hard that was for you. How difficult it was for you to open up to someone and...I don't want you to get hurt by liking someone who will only cause you harm."

"You don't know her as I do." I argue. Penelope lets out a big sigh.

"Fine. I'll make you a deal. I will keep Werewolf Prince Charming away from the party long enough for you and M.G. to shoot your one and final shot. And when it's over and the Queen of Mean has broken your kind heart all over again, promise me that you will let Lizzie go."

"Is that what you really want from me?" I ask her.

"I want my friend to be happy and you can't be happy if you're pining over someone who doesn't deserve you."

"Then who do I deserve?" I question her.

"Someone better than Lizzie Saltzman."

"I don't believe there is anyone better."

"Then you're not opening your mind to the possibilities that are out there."

__________________________________
Hope's POV

"So the emcee will announce the girls and their escorts." I explain to Rafael.

"Their what?" Rafael questions me.