Touch Down

I apologize for the long breaks in-between updates for this book. I find this one harder than most to update but with the show officially done I am in the process of watching the rest of the series and updating more. I hope you will enjoy this long chapter and please let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Hope's POV

I knock on Dr. Saltzman's office and head inside. "Umm..." I don't know how to start this. "My name's not Hope Marshall. It's Hope Mikaelson. I'm Klaus and Sofia's daughter and Henry's older sister." He stands up and looks at me in shock. "The entire world has forgotten that I exist. Everyone except my brother, who I've roped into lying for me." I'm crying now. "And the boy I love has moved on, so I have absolutely no idea what to do next." He lets out a sigh.

"It's okay. We'll figure it out together." He brings me in for a hug, and it makes me miss my parents more. "You're Klaus and Sofia's daughter."

"My brother is my only connection to my old life and..." I feel so broken as I say this out loud. "And he hates me."

"He can't hate you."

"I kept me being here a secret. He thought he was helping me in a different city which is what I told him, and... I've never lied to my brother until now." I share.

"Why did you lie?" I take a seat as he hands me some tissues.

"He was happy for the first time. I...I was the one who convinced him to recruit his best friend, Henry Benoit, to get our parents back. I...I essentially got his best friend killed in the end, and he's never gotten close to anyone since. I wanted to see him one more time before I left this town for good, and I saw him being happy. He was laughing and having the best time of his life and..."

"You can't think his life was better because you weren't in it." Dr. Saltzman says to me. I look up at him with puffy and red eyes.

"I know it is. He...he can finally be him. There's no comparison and..."

"Listen to me." He takes a seat next to me. "Raising twins, I know it may seem easier if you were just alone. If people didn't see you as a set but from what I know about Henry. He loves his family, and you're his sister. His life was not better without you."

"It killed me speaking with my parents and them not having any idea who I am." I share.

"You should tell them."

"I can't. They...it will be too much for them to understand." I lie.

"Pretty sure with the life they've lived, this is nothing crazy." He assures me.

"I don't want to ruin people's lives. I...telling them who I am and trying to explain it will just mess things up."

"Or make everything better." He pats my shoulder. "Talk to Henry again. He's a moody teen boy. He's going to have his days, but he's still a good kid."

"I...I wish I knew where he was."

"He's at your aunt's."

"What?" I ask, shocked.

"He's been going there a lot. Spends more time there on the weekends than at the school."

"How do you know that?"

"Your mom asked me to keep an eye out for him. She's noticed he's been different and is worried about him."

"Worried?"

"He spent most of his summer taking days to himself doing research for some unknown project. He won't tell anyone about it, but your moms and aunts are worried he's getting into some bad magic."