Nightmares and Wishes

I loved this chapter so much and I hope you all enjoy it.

Henry's POV

"Henry, what have we talked about?"

"It's not that big of a deal." I argue.

"You had a Nordic Sword and used it as a weapon in class." Dr. Saltzman argues with me.

"I was using it as a demonstration for a class project."

"You stabbed the sword through another student's book."

"Student is a loose term."

"Landon is a student here, Henry." I scoff at his comment. "Henry, you need to get on board with him being here."

"Never." I stand my ground.

"Dr. Saltzman."

"Seriously?!" I groan in annoyance as Landon comes running towards us.

"Dr. Saltz...oh." Landon keeps away from me.

"Dr. Saltzman. I have changed my mind." Dr. Saltzman mocks Landon. "I've decided to take you up on your offer and get the hell out with every other sane person here."

"No, actually, I took your advice, and I stayed busy, and I think I found something." Landon urges us to follow him.

"He's still an idiot." I say to Dr. Saltzman. I text Hope to meet us in the library so she can spend more time with her boy toy.

"Let's pretend for a second that the research isn't wrong. Maybe the Night Hag can't hurt us in real life. Maybe the Night Hag can't leave the astral plane and get ahold of the urn, so maybe we are not dealing with a Night Hag." Landon theorizes to us.

"Well, if it walks like a Night Hag and talks like a Night Hag, what else could it be?" Dr. Saltzman asks.

"That's exactly what I was wondering, so then I started going through all these books, and boom." Landon points to a creature in a book.

"What is an Oneiroi?" Hope asks.

"It's a black-winged shapeshifting dream demon from Greek mythology." I answer.

"Yeah, of course, he knows what it is." Landon jokes, and I glare at him. He takes another step back from me.

"Henry." Dr. Saltzman says my name in a warning tone. "Be nice."

"Is his head still connected to his body?" I fire back.

"Ha..." Landon let out a nervous laugh.

"Why would one monster disguise itself as another monster?" Hope asks. "The Oneiroi sounds freaky enough."

"Because if we knew what it actually was... we'd know how to stop it." Landon explains.

"Hope, kiss him for me." Dr. Saltzman instructs.

"Touch her, and I will kill you." I threaten Landon.

"I was not..."

"Henry, stop being a dick." Hope says to me.

"This is me being nice." I argue.

"Uh...you tried to stab me during class." Landon states.

"Henry!"

"I was doing a presentation on our family history. No blood was drawn." I smirk, and Landon looks terrified. "So what unlikely people are we sacrificing for this mission?" I joke.

__________________________________
"A black-winged what?" Rafael asks, confused by what we explained to them.

"Shapeshifting dream demon." Hope and Landon say in unison.