Protectors

I hope you all enjoy this update.

"Okay, what was that?" Hope asks me as I join her Josie doing trash pick up.

"I don't want to talk about it." I try to ignore her but Hope is persistent.

"Why would you knee Connor?" Josie asks me and I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Will both of you stop!" I order but they love picking on me and seeing me as the little brother they can mess with.

"Henry, we're only worried that..." Hope's mouth and points at me.

"Cut it out, Hope." I point back at her and now she's smiling.

"No way." She mutters

"What?" Josie asks joining in more.

"Nothing." I try and brush it off.

"You..." Hope can't stop smiling. "You like Lizzie." She says and I throw a bunch of leaves at her.

"Keep it down will you." I order.

"Oh, you so do." Josie is on Hope's side now.

"I hate both of you." I fire back at them.

"Henry and Lizzie." Josie sings and I throw my head back in annoyance.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" Hope asks me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were head over heels for emo knife stealing boy?" I question her and she glares at me.

"That's different and..."

"My person I like. My choice when to tell others." I argue with her.

"So how long have you liked my sister?" Josie asks me.

"I...I don't know how long but...I like her okay. I don't know how long. I'm not obsessed with her or anything I just...I find her smart, funny, and unique." I explain to them and they share a look.

"Long time." Hope says to Josie.

"Yep." Josie answers right back.

"If I had a milkshake I would throw it at both of you." I threaten.

"No, you wouldn't." Josie argues with me. "You're too nice to do that Henry."

"I can be mean." I argue back.

"No, you can't." Hope challenges. Josie groans in pain and grabs her stomach.

"Are you okay?" I ask her concerned.

"Yeah, I just think that that's making me a little nauseous." Josie says as she straightens back up and we look over to see M.G. and Dana making out.

"Didn't see that coming." Hope comments.

"I did." I say and the two girls look at me. "What? She's been flirting with him since the game and he flirted right back." I explain.

"Henry's right. It's simple math. M.G. has the hormones of a teenager and impulse control of a preschooler. He also always goes for the wrong kind of people." Josie says looking to the ground.

"Well like Henry pointed out. Given my last crush, I can't judge." Hope sympathizes with Josie.

"You literally just judged me for liking Lizzie just a little bit." I argue with my sister.

"Because I'm your sister and that's what I'm supposed to do."

"No." I argue.

"Come on. Mom told us all the stories about how she and Aunt Elena always gave Uncle Jeremy a hard time with his girlfriends." Hope reminds me.