Sphinx and Reality

I know it's been a long time in between updates. This book is really hard for me to update mostly because I personally don't find Legacies that easy to write about like The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Please be patient with me in between updates.

3rd Person's POV

"Mom, you did not have to do all of this." Hope states as I continue to make gumbo.

"You find out that your daughter you didn't know you had is real because she was erased from your memories, then you make gumbo and beignets." Sofia answers. Klaus and Henry's sword fighting in the backyard giving Hope and Sofia time alone.

"I never knew the house was finished

"I never knew the house was finished." Hope admires the home her parents rebuilt in town so they could have a family home where everything started. "I really..." Sofia slams down the knife, which startles Hope. "Mom, did you..."

"You came to New Orleans. You came and introduced yourself as if you didn't know us." Hope bites her lip.

"I... I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Sofia looks at her daughter with tears in her eyes. "You came back months ago, and you...you lied. You lied about who you were to us."

"I was trying to protect everyone."

"How was that protecting anyone Hope?!" Sofia demands. "I...Your father and I were walking around with a giant hole in our hearts because a part of us was missing, and we didn't know what or who that was. We...You celebrated with us like it was nothing."

"That moment meant everything to me!" Hope exclaims. She has tears in her eyes now too. "I..." She wipes her face. "I thought everyone would be better off without me because...all I've done is bring death and destruction since my birth and..."

"Hope." Sofia shakes her head at her daughter. "You are insane to think that the world would be better without you."

"I...I saw you and dad. You two were happy, and you had Henry. I thought he would be enough for you two and..."

"And that never knowing you existed would be okay." Hope looks at her mother with guilt.

"I wanted to give everyone a fresh start. I mean, Henry is the perfect one and..."

"No one is perfect, Hope."

"Henry is! He's a godson and the best brother and..."

"And your, our daughter! Who we love with all of our hearts! You have brought us so much joy and...the sadness we felt..." Sofia wipes her eyes.

"I never wanted to upset either of you. I...I just wanted you two to be happy." Hope explains.

"You can't blame yourself for everything that's gone wrong in the world, Hope. The world is a messed up place, and it's not because of just one person. People suck, and we all make horrible decisions. Your father and I included."