Merry Christmas?

You guys asked and I'm delivering. Here is a new chapter! I hope you all enjoy it.

Henry's POV

"Okay, this..." Dr. Saltzman struggles as father as him shoved against the wall in his office at Mystic Falls High School.

"I just had to save my child from being killed by yet another enemy of yours. Now tell me, Alaric, how is that part of your curriculum here?" Father demands from Dr. Saltzman.   

"Nik, let Ric go

"Nik, let Ric go." Mother orders, but Father keeps his firm grip on Dr. Saltzman. "Nik, no maiming or killing in front of the kids."

"Not like we haven't seen it before." I muttered, and now both of my parents are glaring at me.

"What did you just say?" Mother has a serious tone in her voice.

"Shut up now." Hope whispers to me.

"Your father and I have only ever killed people in order to protect you two. To protect this family." Mother explains.

"That's not entirely true love. There was that summer we spent in Portugal where we just had..."

"NIK!"

"I thought we said we would be honest with the children." Father argues.

"Not about..."

"So you and Dad killed people for fun. What else is new." Hope comments.

"Okay, this is beside the point." Mother marches over, and rips father away from Dr. Saltzman, allowing him to breathe. "Ric, you promised us that you would keep us up to date on this Malivore shit, but instead, you're having our children become human blood bags for a..." She looks to Hope.

"We are calling him Simu Landon." Hope clarifies for her.

"So what the fuck Ric, why are you keeping us in the dark?" Mother demands.

"I would answer her, mate. She can get quite temperamental when being ignored. I should kn..."

"Nik, not the time."

"Sofia, the reason I have updated you both is because we're all still confused on what's happening. Every time we stop one monster, another appears, and they have more hidden messages and..."

"And the headmaster who replaced you was a fraud. Like Ric, you're supposed to keep our kids safe, and yet you can't even keep your job." Mother points out.

"That is not fully on me. I left it to a vote for the students..."

"Who felt betrayed and confused on why precautions were put in place in case anyone got out of hand. Yeah, I wonder why they didn't know what to think...oh wait, I do. They're fucking kids who were traumatized!"

"Okay, is this meeting just for you two to yell at me because you guys do that on a normal day." Dr. Saltzman comments.

"And why are we here?" I question, and Mother just glares at me.