Getting Rid of Darkness

I can' t wait for you all to read what I have planned for Legacies.

Henry's POV

"You don't have to do this." I try to reason with Hope.

"I have to make the whispers stop Henry. I can't keep living like this."

"But you're wanting to kill someone for it?" She snaps her head in my direction.

"Dad agrees with me. And this is going to help."

"Yeah, and dad has done some shitty things." I remind her but Hope shakes her head.

"I need this Henry and so do you."

"I want answers from Roman just like you and yeah I might hit the guy but I don't want him dead."

"Don't get in my way, Henry," Hope warns me.

"Or what?" I challenge her.

"I don't want to hurt you."

"And I don't want you to lose yourself to this darkness." I counterargue Hope.

"Henry..."

"Children." Our dad comes out. "What is with all the bickering?"

"Henry doesn't think I should do this." Hope explains to him.

"Henry..." Our dad comes walking up to me. "I know this doesn't make sense but your sister needs this. This is how our family deals with things."

"But that doesn't make it right." I reply.

"I know it may not seem right at this moment but...your sister needs to rid herself of this. This is payback for Hayley." I clench my fist at the mention of her name. "This boy helped get your godmother killed and he needs to pay."

"Fine." I answer back.

"My boy." We wait in the shadows for our signal to come in. "Have you thought of how you're gonna kill him?" We walk out and Roman is drenching wet from the water dad poured on him. There is dried blood around his nose from where he was knocked out. I do find comfort seeing his chained like an animal he is.

"Not yet." Hope answers as Roman finally sees us.

"Hope? Henry? Hey!" We don't reply and Roman is terrified just like Hayley was before she died.

"I want to do this alone." Hope announces.

"What?"

"This is supposed to help me feel better, right?" Hope asks our dad.

"What's wrong with her?" Roman asks our dad.

"She has an affliction, for which your pain is a momentary comfort." Dad informs him.

"My pain?"

"Mm-mm." I state to Roman trying to keep a brave face.

"But I don't want an audience." Hope declares and she looks to me "I need to do this alone and...if you need something from him too I'll give you time but I want to do the..." I shake my head at my sister.

"No...don't."

"If you two want to help me go." She orders.

"Well, I was rather hoping to be part of the show. Well, consider starting small, then. Fingernails, or...or perhaps a tongue. Build the suspense." Dad suggests to Hope. "Henry lets leave your sister." I look at my sister and I feel like I don't even know her.

"What the hell dad?" I ask once we're out of earshot.

"Watch your tongue young man."

"No!" I fire back. "How could you ever let Hope go through what she's doing? She is going to kill Roman."