Two For The Blood (Eric Northman) Ch.27 "Powers" my ass!

Ch. 27 "Powers" my ass!

It was my first day (or night technically) of training with Maximus and I was a little nervous as Eric drove me up to a old boxing building. It looked like it hadn't been used to train anything in years but this was the address Maximus gave me.

Eric parked the car and stared cold and hard at the building. "Do you think I'll be as tough as Rocky by the end?" I joked but Eric just continued to stare ahead.

"I'm not leaving you alone with him."

His voice was as cold as his stare an it made the temperature drop in the car. "Ok. Just please let me train though. I know I'm not going to be a full fledged power kick ass demigod right away."

Eric didn't say anything and was outside my door in a second opening it up for me before I could say anything more.

I got out slowly and Eric grabbed my gym bag with my work out clothes in it and I grabbed his hand. A few rocks crunched under our feet and I tried to focus on the task. I needed to train to save the world. Simple enough right?

We walked up a few steps to the front door and I could see there were lights on already inside. "I guess Max is here." Again Eric didn't respond and opened the door.

The inside was quite nice, well as far as training places could go I guess. The floor was concrete, there were weapons places on the far wall from swords to throwing stars, a huge blue mat in the middle of the floor taking up the most space and even a water jug in the other corner. Where's Buffy when you need her?

Suddenly a door opened next to the watering jug and out walked Max. "You're here!"

"Yep and ready to get down," I lightly joked and took my gym bag from Eric who now had his arm around my shoulders plastering me to his side.

"Ah, Eric. Thank you for bringing Violet here," Max spoke politely to my lethal boyfriend and put his hand out to shake.

Eric narrowed his eyes and then softened them as he placed his hand in Max's. The hand shake was getting a little long and I would bet anything they were having a squeezing contest on who is the strongest. Men.

Finally they let go and I asked Max what we were going to do. He told me that I would probably like to go change because he wanted to see how I was in combat so far. I was really hoping he didn't want to use weapons yet.

The tension was at an all time high when I came back in a pair of light great sweats and a tight but thick bright pink tank top on, and a pair of black Nike's on.

"So where do we begin?"

~

"Try to use your powers! I bet there have been times when you have gotten really pissed and out of nowhere you have gotten surges or strength! Get mad at me Violet! Use your inner strength for the God's sake!" Powers my ass!

Over and over Max tried to coach me on that and truthfully I was a bit too broken and soar to fight anymore. In the beginning I wasn't too bad. I blocked a few times, got a few hits in, but that was Max taking it easy on me. Then it just got harder. I couldn't even count how many times Max knocked me on my ass or pinned me to the ground. And Eric! Oh my god! The first time it happened I thought he was going to kill Max! He straight up took him by the throat, pinned him to the wall, fangs out, and roaring he was going to rip his throat out! JESUS CRIST!

However I had to remind Eric to sit his big ass down and let me take it. He objected many times and I asked how he would be if he was training me. Needless to say he still didn't like it but stood rigid watching me the whole time. I think he was waiting just for something else to happen to actually have an excuse to kill Max. Again...Men.

Now I was on all fours with blood trickling out of my mouth and onto the mat. My breathing was ragged too and my lungs were burning trying to recuperate. "Max I don't think I can right now."

I heard a scoff and swords bump up against each other. When I looked up Max threw one at me and it landed with a thud in front of my face. "Get up." His voice was stone and gulped.

Eric moved forward but I told him to stop and to stay back. Again he did what I said but I knew he wanted to 'rescue' me. I closed my eyes once more and took a long deep breath. Slowly I managed to pick up the sword and wipe the blood from my mouth but the taste was still thick in my throat.

Max stared straight at me with his sword held up at the ready to attack me. It send shivers through me. I knew he wouldn't kill me but how far was this going to go? How far could I go?

"Come on Violet, give me your best shot."

~

Max asked for my best shot and I gave it to him. Give or take the guy was a good few centuries older than me but I wasn't doing too bad. The metal from our swords clashed and bashed echoing through the whole room. If you wanted to see a smaller version of Clash Of The Titans then you should have been here but I was getting more and more tired and my strength was dulling.

"Ugh," I groaned from Max's blade slicing into my side just a little bit. My shirt was now torn and blood was seeping out as I lay on the floor sprawled out. My sword was just barely being grasped in my hand and Max's was at my throat.

"Not bad for our first time but we still have a long way to go. Remember Violet there are no breaks in war," Max spoke and in a second he was gone.

Not a millisecond later Eric was at my side again checking my wounds and fussing over me. I let for a little bit but I shoved him away as best I could so I could get up. Now my getting up was more like a groveling piece of shit trying to stand after it just got its ass handed to them so it was taking longer than I expected.

Eric tried to hold me but I didn't want his help. I had to toughen up if I was going to save the world and as much as I wanted to fall apart and have Eric fix everything, I couldn't.

"Violet let me help you."

"Eric no."

He did however grab my gym bag and start the car. Of course it felt like I was a mile behind him and it took like forever to get to the car but he said nothing more the whole ride home.

~

When we were safely in the garage and I was getting out I think I saw some blood on the seats and made a mental note to take care of it.

Slowly and painfully I made my way to the bathroom with Eric at my heals. "Eric I need to be alone right now," I whispered and closed the bathroom door. I knew he didn't go anywhere. I knew he was standing outside that stupid bathroom door, and I knew he wasn't going to move till I got out.

Piece by piece I stripped myself of my ripped and bloodied clothing and started the tub. It filled itself with crystal clear steamy water and I hesitantly slipped in. The water stung my skin and it immediately started turning red. Blood red. My blood. My blood I was sure would be spilt again, and again, and again.

At that point I couldn't take it anymore. I let down my walls, my tough face I was trying to uphold, my everything and cried. I cried till my eyes dried out and my throat became soar.

Max was right. There are no breaks in wars, and as much as Eric wanted to be my knight in shining armor, I had to be my own, one way or another.