Two For The Blood (Eric Northman) Ch.20 To The Point

Ch. 20 To The Point

Eric's P.O.V.

I waited silently by Violet's side as the counsel spoke amongst themselves in the room up stairs. Not a moment went by where she wasn't restless in her dreams and it made me nervous. I had no idea if she was in any pain and I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.

How can this be happening? She's part god? What the fuck?! Not that I don't love her but is this why this thing is after her? Or is it after me? Or is it after the fucking counsel who won't get off their asses and tell me?! God damn it!

"Eric come on, she's not going anywhere and there is nothing you can do." Pam spoke from behind me and she was right. Within seconds Violet was crying and started to breath too heavily in her sleep. I tried waking her up but the more I touched her the worse it became. She started to thrash and scream and my blood began to boil.

I growled in fury at myself and zipped out of the room. "How can I be causing her pain?!" I yelled and pointed in the direction of the door.

Pam flinched and said, "I don't know Eric. Maybe it's like before when you first gave her your blood. Maybe she's having the visions again of your past? All we can do right now I think is wait, so come on."

I took my child's advice and we headed to the room where the counsel were talking in hurried whispers too low for Pam or I to hear.

"I need answers." I spoke harshly and all the counsel turned around to face me.

"We'll give you what you need to know for now." The woman from before spoke calmly.

"Tell me then." My patience was growing thin and I was in no mood for games.

"Sit Viking." The woman commanded and did slowly never taking my lethal eyes off of her. Pam decided to take a seat next to me and help my hand. It was a kind gesture and the only one I was willing to receive at the moment.

"Eric Northman have you had any visions of your soul blood bonded's life at all?" The woman counsel member asked sternly.

I thought for a split second and looked her straight in the face. "No."

"It is then that Violet has the ability to keep her past a secret from your mind. The only way then that you would be able to see her past events in her life so far is if she gives you permission-"

"Gives me permission?" I asked confused and stood up to pace.

"Yes. She will have to willingly let you see into her mind. How she will do that, I'm afraid we do not know." The woman explained and I sat back down.

"What about her visions?" I asked and all of them looked at each other as if waiting too see who was going to explain.

~

Violet's P.O.V.

Some how I knew I was dreaming but I didn't know how to wake up. I wanted to so bad. I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't take Eric's past anymore. It was killing me. It was if I was the victims of him and my body and mind couldn't take it.

At one point I was a girl who he tortured for a few hours before asking her if she would like to die then. I had no control to get away and just waited for the beatings and the cuttings to stop. Just as I would be about to die it would faze out into another scenario. Some worse than others and I was waiting for it to just be over.

After another was done bright light glowed all around me and I was soon sitting on a couch. Slowly I looked around and almost began to cry once I saw Godric walking to me dressed in all white. He looked like a tattooed and I didn't know whether to run up to him or stay frozen on the couch.