Two For The Blood (Eric Northman) Ch.2 The letter

Put your story text here...If it was possible for all the oxygen to get sucked out of the room from the intensity of Eric's eyes then I would have been dead. The look he gave me was cold, murderous, hungry, but under all of it laid a hint of sadness.

More and more people were stopping what they were doing to watch Eric and me. By now my heart was just hammering against my ribcage so hard and fast I could see it beat from the outside of my shirt. My mind was trying to think of all the different ways I could escape, but was coming up with dead ends to all of them. And lastly I was praying with all my might to Godric (who yes I know is dead and sent me here hopefully no to my death) to pull a miracle out of my ass and not have Eric kill me where I stand.

"You say Godric sent you?" Eric asked quietly but with warning to me as to answer wisely.

"Yes," I whispered and looked down.

I still didn't dare look at Eric as he instructed Pam (who I had found out was the blonde's name) to watch over the club as he whisked me away to I was guessing his office.

There I stood feeling naked, scared for my life, and tired in the middle of Eric's nice office. A huge dark desk stood a few feet in front of me, a big leather chair behind the desk, and a less comfy looking, but still inviting chair, in front of the desk. A few other things were in the office. A flat screen T.V., books, a few shelves, and some other small tid bits were positioned at different places. It was simple and nice. I would have told Eric it was well put together if I wasn't so scared shitless out of my mind.

He slowly circled me making my nerves jump a new level every now and then as he continued to evaluate me.

"How old are you?" Eric asked me calmly.

"Seventeen."

"What is your name?"

"Violet," I breathed and shut my eyes. It was as if I was being preyed upon by a lion and I knew I could die at any moment.

Eric swiftly bent down to my ear while still standing behind me, "Your full name."

It wasn't neither a question nor a request, but a demand and I went against my better judgment and told him my whole name, "Violet Amor Knight."

"Violet Amor Knight," He purred and made it sound like the loveliest thing I had ever heard.

My eyes opened and there Eric stood right in front of me looking down upon my small frame. "Eric I have something to give to you."

He raised his eyebrow curious, "And what is that?"

"This," I shakily pulled out a folded up envelope addressed with just Eric's name on it and handed it to him.

~

Eric's P.O.V.

I watched how Violet slowly and shakily handed me a folded up envelope with my name on it. The handwriting was instantly recognized. Godric.

Instantly my mind and expression hardened. It has been almost eight months since my maker dies, so why now would I get this?

Again I looked at Violet who was looking down and rubbing her eyes. She's probably tired.

"Are you tired?" I asked quietly.

She didn't look up, but only nodded.

Through my mind I called Pam. In a moment she was in my office glancing at Violet curiously.

"I want you to take her to my house. Give her a room, food, something to drink, and whatever else. I'll be there later," I instructed and waved her off.

Violet's head popped up with worry and fear.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine," Pam smiled and pulled a still scared Violet out the door.

I sniffed the air that was still heavy with her scent and relished in it for a minute before turning to go sit at my desk. I couldn't help but wonder why I was being so generous and 'nice' with this human. Was it because she gave me a letter from Godric? In some weird way my body and mind felt this pull towards the girl. Something I didn't think I'd ever felt before.

Carefully I opened the letter and began to read:

My child,

If you are reading this letter I am no longer of this world. The one who is supposed to give you this letter is named Violet Amor Knight. You might not understand now but she is of great importance to me. Her parents died in a terrible incident and I took her in with their last wishes as they lay dying. Do not be mad that you did not know about her before. Now I am hoping if she is not of age to fully take care of herself, that you will take her in. Please show her the same kindness, understanding, and affection I have bestowed upon you, upon her. She truly is a magnificent human being and I believe you both will be good for each other.

You must understand though she is not an object for you to own. She is her own person. There is no one else I would ask this of and I trust you will protect her with your life.

Finally do not mourn my death Eric. Remember who you are and to go on.

With all the love I hope I can possess,

Godric