Two For The Blood (Eric Northman) Ch.30 Engage-a-what?!

"Shit you're getting strong," Max gritted through his teeth as I flung him over my shoulder and to the ground. I smiled in satisfaction and got in a defense position as he jumped up and came at me again.

He was swift (and not to mention sweaty...ewww...) and bounded straight up in the air at the last minute confusing me. As I looked up he did a front flip and kicked me from behind sending me face first against the matt.

"Ouch," I grunted and slapped the matt.

"You're doing really well Violet," Max stated and smiled while he lent his hand out for me to take.

I took it and put my long hair in a pony tail. "Thanks but I know I can do better. I have to."

"I think that's enough training today. We did a good five hours and I don't want you to collapse. You really need to remember you're not immortal..."

I snapped my head up to look at him, "Yet."

"Yet," Max whispered and looked away as if he was really saying that I wasn't going to make it and Eris was going to suck the world into hell and there was nothing I could do about it. I was really feeling the moral support at the moment. "Anyway when is the engagement?"

I blinked out of confusion and took a sip of water from my water bottle away from the matt.

"The engagement in Miami for you and Eric." Max continued and went to grab a towel out of a closet a few feet away against the right wall.

"Max what the hell are you talking about? What engagement?!"

"You and Eric are to be engaged. Didn't he tell you?" Max asked with disbelief and immediately had a 'oh shit' look on his face like he wasn't supposed to.

"I have to go," I rushed and began putting my stuff in my gym bag.

"Uh Violet why do you have a puppy again?" Max asked me while I went to go pick up the cutie little brown fur ball up.

"My friend from the magic store needed someone to baby sit it while her and her boyfriend go on a romantic weekend away together."

"Oh...What's his name?"

I grabbed the little pup and put his leash on him. "Ace."

~

I killed the engine and grabbed Ace once we arrived at Fangtasia. Weirdly it was closed and it was a Friday night. This never happened and my spidey sense was tingling so I put my self on special alert. Ace kind of wined and I put a jacket on and tucked him in a little for him to be quiet and feel safe. It worked and I slowly made my way to the door. Little by little I began opening the door and screams filled my ears. Swiftly I opened it all the way and ran in. I couldn't believe the site in front of me.

Bill, Pam, Eric, another man I didn't recognize with sandy blonde hair that dressed in a flannel shirt with jeans, and a young looking girl with red hair and very pale skin standing around a bloodied up looking girl.

Before I could speak Pam reached down with her fangs well out and broke one of the bloodied up girl's fingers.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled and all of them turned to look at me.

Eric was in his game face, fangs out and all, and so was Bill. I was fucking terrified as I walked closer.

"Violet," Bill nodded and turned back to the woman they were torturing. Bill was talking fast to her so I couldn't ketch it but in an instant she screamed again as he broke another finger of hers.