Ch. 49 Virgin State of Mind

My lungs hurt from breathing so hard as I ran and ran and ran. My feet were becoming sore, my thighs were aching from the countless miles I knew I had run, and even though I had a cold sweat pouring down my face and soaking my shirt, I still felt like I was on fire.

When I began to see city lights I almost cried. Finally I could go to the police station and ask for help. Finally I could be safe, even if that meant them putting me behind bars to keep from the outside world.

When the road turned into a paved street and walls began to form from the buildings all around me I began to slow down to a walk. I had no idea what city I was in but it seemed pretty deserted. Maybe because it must only be the early hours of the morning, but surely someone was around to help me.

I walked the streets someone wincing now and again as my feet began to get little cuts here and there. Though they would heal as soon as they were injured.

So I shoot fire from my hands and I heal fast. Alright?

The more I wandered the more I felt alone. No one was out. Not even a bum. Not even a rat. Where the hell was I?

~

Caine’s P.O.V.

When the fire finally died down I was at least a little glad that it didn’t actually damage anything. It was just a wall she put up in case I or Pam were to run after her. As I looked at Pam I felt a sense of loneliness and figured it was Violet. Just the slightest hint, but it was there. I didn’t like that she felt alone and I needed to find her. To tell her it was ok and that I would be with her. Though that sounded easier said than done in my head since she doesn’t have a fricken clue as to who I am or Pam- and the thought of Eric finding her made me panic. He would surely kill her.

“What now?” Pam asked and I put on my coat.

“Now I go look for her. You try and find Max. Call him, do whatever. Plus call Alcide, Sam, Jessica, Bill, and somehow try and contact her mother, but that’s it. We can’t have anyone else know. Especially Eric,” I instructed her and she put her hands on her hips in an impatient way.

“How in the hell am I supposed to contact her mother?”

“I don’t know. Right now I have to find Violet.”

~

Violet’s P.O.V.

I wished over and over again to be anywhere but where I was standing, which was on a bridge. I wasn’t thinking of jumping, but I felt so isolated and cold.

Think of some place warm, my conscience told me.

And so I did. I pictured a nice beach in the Bahamas with warm water and silky sand. I didn’t know where that particular place came from, but it was beautiful to me. As I thought more and more about the beach and the water I felt like I was being pulled some place. Soon my vision was seeing a desk like at a hotel. A lobby! I blinked again and suddenly I was there!

“Violet it is so good to see you darlin’!” A beautiful woman said she came towards me and I looked at her wide eyed. Her name tag on her shirt read Annabelle.

“Uh- do I know you?” I asked scared and then I back and this time I was sitting right on the bridge.

What the hell was that? Did I just teleport or something? And that woman…she knew me?

~

Caine’s P.O.V.

For a split second driving in my car I couldn’t feel Violet anymore and that terrified me. I didn’t know if Eric finally got her somehow or something else. Did she know how to access her power whenever or was it only when she was afraid?