Two For The Blood (Eric Northman) Ch.13 Important Business

I woke to rose petals showered all around the bed. The aroma of the sweetness made me smile. It was a side of Eric, his gentle side, that really made me feel more and more for him everyday. Finally I decided to get out of bed in my giddy state and make my way towards the kitchen for some breakfast. The view in front of me was absolutely unexpected. In the kitchen, flipping pancakes, was Eric in only a pair of dark pants and a black apron that said 'kiss the vampire' in red lettering.

His sculpted chest by far beat the beauty of anything else in the kitchen. "You're up!" He smiled and placed a plate with nice warm pancakes on the table for me.

"I am. What is all of this?" I laughed and sat down.

"I wanted to make you breakfast." Eric grinned at me and kissed me on the neck. It tickled and I couldn't help but laugh while trying to shove him away playfully. My plan wasn't working so well and soon I was on the clean, dark hardwood floors in a fit of laughter from the tickle torture Eric was bestowing on me.

"I give up! You win! STOP!" I laughed in agony and tried to crawl away.

"Ok since I win, you have to do something for me." He stated and stopped tickling me to only straddle my waist so I still couldn't go anywhere.

"Yeah, what?" I asked and eyed him suspiciously.

"You and I have to go on a little trip. The higher council of vampires are summoning the both of us about our situation."

The seriousness in Eric's voice made me a little nervous. We were being summoned? Who the hell gets summoned? What is they want me to do something I don't want to do?

"We're being summoned? That doesn't sound too good." I drawled and closed my eyes.

"What we are, and have, hasn't been seen in centuries. It is not as a surprise to me I guess that they want to meet you. We actually leave today in two hours." Eric explained and I sat bolt right up partly smacking into his chest.

"Today! Two hours?! Thanks for the warning babe!"

"Come on and eat your breakfast. Oh and you need to kiss your vampire." Eric played and pointed to his apron while helping me off the floor.

"Well my vampire is being a little-" I began but Eric stopped me with a breathtaking kiss.

~

I was feeling so nervous as Eric and I made our way into a half castle, half manor looking building. The drive wasn't that bad though. Eric held my hand the whole way of the four hour trip and only let go to get out of the car. So now we were walking up the steps to the door and I felt like I was going to pass out. Eric looked down at me to give me a reassuring smile and kissed me lightly on the forehead before the door opened.

An old butler type of guy led us to a grand hall area. It was like I had walked into the Tudors mixed with Harry Potter. Painting upon painting hung on the wall while suits of armor, and I swear a skeleton, stood here and there. A cute beagle looking puppy came running up to us and as I went down to touch it, its eyes turned a weird shade of purple. Needless to say there was no touching of the freaky eyed doggie.

Finally we made it to a royal looking room. Everything was spotless and seven hand carved (and very detailed) chairs lined themselves in a row in front of us. In those chairs sat three women and four men. All of them had a serious face on and all were wearing black robes. Though as weird as it was, they did not look very old, but from the air around us, you could tell they were ancient.

Eric gave a bow and I decided to follow. The women and men in the chairs gave us a curt little nod and one woman with light blonde hair, red eyes, and fair skin began to speak.