Ch. 35 Miami

I think Pam was more excited about going to Miami than I was. I looked through my wardrobe in my closet and saw that I had no ball gowns or anything like that for this whole special engagement for Eric and I. So what does my vampire do when I tell him this? He gives his shiny VISA to me and calls Pam. Pam comes over, drags me out the door, drives like a maniac to New Orleans and takes me shopping for HOURS.

Pam and I just stepped out of the fifth store on our very extensive shopping trip. I had six big bags on each arm while Pam had eight on each of hers. Finally I couldn’t stand any longer and I tripped causing me to fall on my face. “Oomph!” The wind was knocked out of my lungs and Pam came over and picked me up with one hand smiling. “Pam I’m done! I can’t do it anymore. I need to go to bed and see my boyfriend and try not to worry about this whole engagement thing and-” But she cute me off by putting a finger to my lips. I could actually smell her lotion, it was lavender.

“I suppose this will have to do. Just wait till you see all the goodies I got you while you were trying on those dresses!” Pam was beaming head to toe while picking up her bags. I finally read the label on them: Victoria’s Secret. Oh dear lord, Eric will want to see those.

“I hope they’re not too slutty,” I gulped and Pam waved it off.

“There is no such thing when it comes to vampires Violet. Eric will go crazy once he sees you in them and rip them off. That’s why I bought four bags worth. Oh I think I ordered some to come to the house too, just so you know.”

“Oh boy.”

~

It was later that night Eric, Pam, Max, and myself left for the airport at 1 A.M. It would only take no less than 2 hours to fly to Miami. That shouldn’t be too bad, I thought and stepped onto Eric’s jet. It was really nice. There was a couch, the passenger chairs were nice and big like one you would find in your living room almost, and a T.V. Hmmm…maybe he watched the news on flights?

As I was thinking about what Eric does on a plane ride I sensed someone else coming on the plane and whirled around. It was Eric, Max, and Pam. I let a lung full of air out and relaxed. “Hi guys.”

Eric grabbed me instantly and pulled me to the couch while Pam and Max took the empty chairs.

“Violet there is some other things I need to discuss with you. The counsel had not given me the information I am about to explain until ten minutes ago, so please try not to freak,” Max pressed and I grew tense. Pam looked curious and Eric looked a little mad.

“Ok, shoot, tell me what’s up.”

“Apparently you and I will have to fight to show that you are worthy enough and strong enough to be the head Queen of this war. I do not know how they will set it up, if we’re in a arena, or if we’re in a boxing ring, I don’t know. Second, you and Eric will have to perform some sort of dance when we get there. I don’t know why, but it is tradition. It’s kind of like the two of you are welcoming this engagement for all to see I guess. Thirdly, I don’t know who, but some one important is coming. They would not tell me this information. Apparently this person will show themselves when it is the right time or when they see fit…”

I listened close and hard about what Max was saying. It struck every nerve in my body and I felt like I might throw up. For starters I had to fight Max, second Eric and I had to perform a dance that I didn’t know yet, and third, someone was going to make themselves present to me when they thought it was the right moment. This was so jacked up!

“Violet are you ok?” Pam asked and I sat back and slumped my shoulders while the color drained from my face. “I think she is going into shock,” Pam concluded and she wasn’t really wrong.